SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Assist the Facilities Manager(s) in all aspects of project implementation as needed
- Create and take part in meetings and presentations with executive leadership
- Provide campus wide reporting on departmental spend, ticketing, and other metrics as requested
- Maintain contracts for facilities services such as elevators, cranes, waste, recycling, pest control, landscaping, and other repair services
- Obtain multiple bids from competing contractors
- Perform job walk-downs with vendors, engineers, supervisors, and managers
- Work with the purchasing department to ensure vendors are approved, vetted, and insured
- Assist with badging, ITAR, NDA requirements, and safety training
- Create RFPO’s and assist buyers with vendor selection
- Ensure purchase orders are accurate with no cost over runs
- High school diploma or equivalency certification
- 5+ years of facility vendor and contract management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with facilities within the aerospace industry
- Familiarity with space planning procedures and operations
- Knowledge of computer applications and the ability to easily navigate through different computer software programs
- Ability to create and update RFPO’s and facilities work orders in an ERP software
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees, vendors, and customers
- Logical and strategic approach to solving problems
- Ability to read and understand basic floor plans
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic directions
- Schedule varies based on site operational needs, extended hours and weekends could be required; flexibility required
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?