SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment
- Perform LOTO to ensure safe isolation and verification of zero energy state
- Troubleshoot new and existing electrical systems, including new and existing machinery
- Perform preventative repair and maintenance of electrical systems, devices and equipment
- Perform work from instructions using blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Test electrical circuits to ensure their operability, phase rotation and conductivity
- Installation of electrical wiring and components to design and code specifications
- Operation of test equipment like volt/ohmmeters, meggers and circuit tracers
- Perform other assigned duties ensuring efficient and effective work environments
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 4+ years of professional experience in commercial equipment wiring, maintenance, and repair
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Journeyman electrician license
- Experience with 3 phase electrical systems
- Experience with 480/277 volt and 208/120 volt systems
- Adapts well within a team setting
- Demonstrated skill in practicing safety requirements and OSHA standards when working with hazardous energy, heavy loads, working at heights and operating equipment
- Able to identify and implement efficient paths of action to complete assigned work
- Ability to test, calibrate, diagnose, and repair various devices and controls
- Ability to use a variety of electrician’s hand tools as well as measuring and testing instruments
- Demonstrable knowledge and/or understanding of codes, rules, regulations and standards of electrical equipment
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and reports
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg Space Force Base
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 25 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Flexibility to work extended hours, weekends and overtime
- Ability to work in outdoor environments requiring exposure to heat and cold
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Electrician/Level 1: $22.00 - $29.75/hour
Electrician/Level 2: $27.50 - $35.75/hour
Electrician/Level 3: $33.00 - $41.75/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?