Development and Build Engineer, Gateway (Starshield)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DEVELOPMENT AND BUILD ENGINEER, GATEWAY (STARSHIELD)
SpaceX develops groundbreaking products & services with unprecedented speed - our R&D satellite programs are constantly pushing the boundaries of in-space capabilities. Do you want to help build out the ground infrastructure for these critical systems?
We are looking for motivated and creative engineers to design, build, and maintain our global gateway (ground station) sites.
Engineers on this team are energized by unique engineering challenges & excel at delivering concrete solutions, while working effectively with internal and external partners. We are looking for team players with exceptional communication skills and strong engineering fundamentals. The ideal candidate will have project experience in mechanical, electrical, networking, or civil engineering and the demonstrated ability to learn.
- Own the business result of design, construction, and operation of gateway sites and fiber circuits
- Manage vendors, contractors, customers, and internal teams through site acquisition, construction, and activation of gateway sites
- Coordinate and communicate planning and progress across all internal SpaceX contracting, legal, regulatory, engineering, logistics, and technician teams
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science discipline
- 1+ years of professional experience in an engineering, consulting, or technical project management role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical depth & involvement in multidisciplinary engineering projects
- Excellent project management & communication skills
- Experience selecting, developing, or managing vendors or contractors
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus:
- Active TS/SCI clearance, or willingness to pursue one
- Optical networking or datacenter design
- Sourcing, building, or activating cell tower or satellite antenna (teleport or ground station) sites
- Producing construction drawings or plans
- Siemens NX or equivalent 3D modeling software
- SQL, Matlab, Python, C++, or similar
- Prototyping and testing new products
- Global shipping, packaging, customs compliance, and logistics
- Civil construction, residential and commercial electrical systems, and construction permitting/regulations
- Common utility AC and DC power distribution
- Willingness to travel to US or international ground station sites
- Must be willing to work long hours and occasional weekends when necessary to support launch and critical project timelines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Development and Build Engineer, Gateway/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Development and Build Engineer, Gate/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?