SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Install or repair a variety of electrical equipment such as: motor control centers, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment
- Preventive maintenance on panels, computer/server rooms, and all other aspects of electrical maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting
- Read and implement schematics and blueprints working with other on-site facilities personnel
- Install and program automation devices
- Install connectors, connector pins, terminals, and lugs
- Troubleshoot all new and existing electrical lines and all new and existing machinery
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of work experience in commercial equipment wiring, maintenance and/or repair
- State of California Journeyman Certification
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with 3 phase electrical systems
- Experience with 480/277 volt and 208/120 volt systems
- Training and/or experience in basic operation of soldering wires and connectors, operation of various crimping tools, wire stripping, ohm's law, and continuity testing
- Ability to use a variety of electrician's hand tools including sawzall, conduit bender, clamp on current meter, wire-tugger, jig saw, hydraulic punch, hand punch, hack saw, multi-meter, spade lug crimper, and other measuring and testing instruments
- Ability to complete work according to compliance regulations as work may be subject to review by an electrical engineer for general compliance with accepted practices
- Demonstrated skill in practicing safety requirements and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards when working with hazardous energy, heavy loads, and when working overhead
- Working knowledge of construction and building codes, technology, and standards
- Able to work all shifts, overtime and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Able to stand for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
- Able to work under adverse conditions (e.g., dirty, noisy, or confined spaces)
- Ability to distinguish colors is required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Electrician/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Electrician/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Electrician/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?