Sr. Printed Circuit Board Reliabilty Engineer (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD RELIABILITY ENGINEER (STARLINK)
At SpaceX we’re leveraging our experience in building rockets and spacecraft to deploy Starlink, the world’s most advanced broadband internet system. Starlink is the world’s largest satellite constellation and is providing fast, reliable internet to 1M+ users worldwide. We design, build, test, and operate all parts of the system – thousands of satellites, consumer receivers that allow users to connect within minutes of unboxing, and the software that brings it all together. We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of Starlink’s potential global impact are looking for best-in-class engineers to help maximize Starlink’s utility for communities and businesses around the globe.
Our PCB team is responsible for the design, test, and manufacturing phases of our satellite, gateway, and consumer hardware printed circuit boards. This role in particular is instrumental in maintaining the highest quality and reliability standards and will work with key stakeholders to ensure the success of the constellation, ultimately enabling us to deliver internet to those that need it most.
- Own design and development of PCB stackups as part of new PCB designs development
- Drive introduction of new materials, working closely with design engineers, and supply chain team
- Create test plans and drive PCB reliability campaign for volume production of PCBs for Starlink program
- Manage DFM as part of design releases, process documentation, and communication between engineering and vendor
- Identify trends and opportunities for optimizing product output, quality enhancements, and cost
- Provide feedback to Engineering Design team to improve design for manufacturability Identify, root-cause, and come up with corrective actions for reliability failures
- Bachelor's degree in materials science, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, or manufacturing engineering
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in PCB reliability or PCB fabrication
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with PCB materials and PCB fab processes from industry
- Knowledge of IPC manufacturing standards
- Experience running failure analysis investigations and using tools like X-Ray, cross-section, polishing.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and methods such as experiment design, process capability analysis
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, and use data to drive systemic improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
PCB Reliability Engineer/Senior: $130,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?