Supervisor, Incoming Inspection
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, INCOMING INSPECTION
As the Supervisor for incoming inspection you would lead a cross-functional group of quality inspectors and dimensional inspectors across multiple teams to achieve these high quality and lead time service levels. You would drive process improvements using lean manufacturing methodologies, such as 5S, visual management, and standard work. You would lead the incoming inspection process for all SpaceX sites, and would drive the appropriate level of standardization to meet the strategic quality needs of SpaceX. You would regularly work with internal customers to ensure methods are aligned with production and engineering needs, and would be a vocal proponent within the organization to identify gaps and opportunities to reduce supply chain risk to SpaceX. As the Supervisor of the Incoming Inspection team you would supports all areas of SpaceX, build an extensive network within design engineering, build reliability, production, and supply chain management, and gain a deep understanding of SpaceX systems and processes. This experience would enable you to become a critical voice in the development of group and company strategy.
- Take responsibility for validation of conformance of product received from SpaceX suppliers using product and certification reviews
- Develop world-class inspection capabilities to service both one-off and ongoing needs
- Drive vision, direction, and efficiency gains to meet scale and quality objectives
- Drive excellence by improving or redefining inspection processes to achieve high reliability
- Develop statistical models to guide inspection levels necessary based on product maturity, supplier capability, and other related factors
- Assist in root cause investigations when quality issues do arise. Communicate findings and train staff on improvements or preventive measures
- Coach and develop employees, ensuring a highly engaged and accountable workforce
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate and correct customer issues and complaints relating to quality
- Interface with other organizations within SpaceX to ensure all quality requirements are understood and achieved
- Be a crucial voice in the refinement, interpretation, documentation, and communication of SpaceX’s quality control philosophy to key personnel within company
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing, production, supply chain or quality environment
- 1+ years of experience leading a team
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior direct leadership experience
- Good written, oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-direct
- Experience with AS9100 or similar quality management system standard
- Experience in quality engineering, auditing, quality management system development
- Experience with Purchase Order (PO) quality requirements, their intent, and how supplied documentation meets these requirements
- Experience with IPC inspection standard
- Expertise in GD&T symbols and their intent, and the selection of the correct inspection technique and equipment
- Metrology expertise, CMM techniques and language (PCDMIS), Romer Arm, etc.
- Project management, lean six sigma, and leadership skills
- ISO9001/AS9100/9102 (First Article Inspection) experience preferred
- High computer proficiency – ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- SQL, software development & project management, process flow mapping, material planning systems, warehouse management systems, lean production environments, six sigma training
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time – 8 hours min
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor, Incoming Inspection: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?