Porter - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PORTER – TEMPORARY
As a porter at SpaceX, you will be interacting with our guests (employees), fellow staff members, and management staff in our private restaurant in a polite and courteous manner. You will also help with restocking supplies and other duties assigned by kitchen management.
- Demonstrate sanitation and food safety practices consistently
- Help evaluate receiving spaces to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly tasks timely and accurately
- Follow company safety standards at all times and look out for the safety of other team members and guests
- Coordinate job duties around other team members to help ensure efficient preparation for opening of service
- Put food order away accurately and rotate stock in cooler, freezer, and dry storage area using the first in-first out (FIFO) method while monitoring shelf life and code dates
- Maintain a basic working knowledge of the operation of all the equipment in the restaurant
- Complete other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the manager on duty
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months (permanent hire conversion based on performance and business need)
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- SHIFT: Ability to work across a 7 day/week roster, including afternoon/evening shifts when required
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ year of either restaurant experience, warehouse experience, and/or customer service experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Restaurant experience
- Porter experience
- Inventory experience
- Ability to work well with others and be self-driven
- Current and valid CA food handler’s card or equivalent
- Ability to carry large, heavy items unassisted such as large packages, dishes in tubs, or trays (up to 30 lbs)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time – up to 8-10 hours a day
- Willingness to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
- Frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Porter/Level 1: $20.50/hour
Porter/Level 2: $22.50/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?