Network Security Engineer (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER (STARLINK)
At SpaceX we’re leveraging our experience in building rockets and spacecraft to deploy Starlink, the world’s most advanced broadband internet system. Starlink is the world’s largest satellite constellation and is providing fast, reliable internet to 1M+ users worldwide. We design, build, test, and operate all parts of the system – thousands of satellites, consumer receivers that allow users to connect within minutes of unboxing, and the software that brings it all together. We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of Starlink’s potential global impact and are looking for best-in-class engineers to help maximize Starlink’s utility for communities and businesses around the globe.
As an engineer here, you will be a critical part of the Starlink network engineering team and help build, secure and operate a network with global visibility and scale. Engineers on this team manage security related configurations within the Starlink network and have a significant impact on the service delivered to our customers around the world.
- Work with other Starlink teams to determine functional needs, develop secure architectures, and communicate security best practices and policies
- Support the development and implementation of network security tools
- Document and formalize security processes
- Maintain network security systems by applying system patches and other periodic maintenance tasks
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, information security, computer science, engineering or STEM discipline and 1+ years of professional network security experience; or 3+ years of professional network security experience in lieu of a degree
- Professional experience securing networks, IT infrastructure, applications, endpoints, and/or APIs
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong understanding of network security technologies, their operation and limitations, including:
- Network access control solutions
- Network IDS/IPS solutions
- Network monitoring solutions
- IPSec and TLS based VPNs
- Experience hardening Windows, MacOS, and/or Linux operating systems
- Python programming and automation ability
- Familiarity with networking protocols and the OSI model
- Adept at learning new technologies and systems
- Strong self-starting and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be willing to do some travel domestically and globally in the future when needed
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Must be available for on-call rotations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Network Security Engineer/Level I: $120,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Network Security Engineer/Level II: $140,000.00 - $170,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?