Operations Engineer (Starlink Enterprise)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
OPERATIONS ENGINEER (STARLINK ENTERPRISE)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As an Operations Engineer within the Starlink program, you will analyze, develop, and implement tactical and strategic business processes for the company’s enterprise and government teams to create high impact, efficient, economical solutions. We are looking for problem solvers with a passion for creating a simple, high-quality customer experience.
You will lead multi-disciplinary initiatives to introduce new products and features to customers around the world. You will create and maintain tight customer feedback loops across engineering and operations groups to drive end-to-end continuous improvement across the Starlink product. You will coordinate testing with key customers, measure success, and apply lessons learned to future iterations. Ideal team members are highly autonomous individuals that excel in flexible environments, are steadfast in their efforts to sustain change, have empathy for unique customer needs, and bring clarity and smart decision-making to our leadership teams that drive the organization.
- Apply process improvement methodologies and tools (e.g. process mapping, problem solving, visual management, etc.) to improve the customer’s ability to self-service, proactively address issues, increase speed of resolution, and scale complex processes across multiple departments, customer segments, and markets
- Anticipate and identify challenges within the customer experience, determine root cause, and develop appropriate solutions for immediate mitigation as well as long term improvement and prevention
- Develop data analysis and/or tracking tools to analyze customer experience (historical and emerging) across each stage of the customer journey
- Coordinate efforts with cross-departmental partners including but not limited to industrial design, engineering, application software, sales, marketing, and customer service to synchronize efforts and create tight feedback loops
- Partner with all levels of leadership within the organization to develop and review potential projects, steer allocation of improvement resources, and ensure sustainability of implemented solutions
- Manage projects and execute to tight timelines while effectively communicating to and influencing stakeholders
- Partner with design and engineering teams on new product and feature rollouts by participating in design reviews, organizing beta testing programs, and creating educational materials
- Codify knowledge and best practices of customer-facing and internal systems, actively ensuring these documents and practices are updated and maintained
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, mathematics, or technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in an operations, manufacturing, and/or consulting environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience driving cross-functional change within large organizations
- Professional experience in aviation or government sector
- Professional experience managing projects that includes significant front-end software development
- Professional experience in working with SQL, Excel, or similar data analysis software
- 2+ years leading projects that required influencing without authority
- Strong project management skills
- Experience applying structured process improvement methodologies
- This position may require the travel between our sites and customer sits to support Starlink Business Operations
- Ability to work extended hours, some nights and/or weekends when needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Operations Engineer/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Operations Engineer/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?