Cook - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
COOK - TEMPORARY
SpaceX is looking for passionate, experienced individuals looking to join our culinary team! Daily tasks will be focused on food preparation set up, and operation of a station at one of our various food outlets according to leadership’s specifications. The Cook position supports SpaceX’s success by providing quality food options that boost morale and productivity.
- Complete daily prep tasks
- Ensure consistency and compliance with the restaurant’s recipes regarding portioning, cooking, and waste control guidelines
- Provide courteous and informative customer service in an “open kitchen” format
- Follow restaurant guidelines concerning guest services, food and physical safety, maintenance, and equipment/space cleaning requirements at all times
- Maintain a clean and safe work station
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Brownsville, TX
- SHIFT: Ability to work across a 7 day/week roster, including afternoon/evening shifts when required
- 2+ years of experience in the food service industry
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Restaurant experience
- High volume experience
- Experience with a daily changing menu
- Possession of or willingness to obtain food handlers card or equivalent
- High level of professionalism
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to carry large heavy items, such as dishes in tubs or trays unassisted (up to 25 lbs.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time – up to 8 hours a day
- Ability to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of object
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?