Sr. Global Supply Manager (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. GLOBAL SUPPLY MANAGER (STARLINK)
- Develop and manage the supply base to support sourcing for the Starlink
- Provide weekly team status reporting, escalate to management when necessary
- Train and mentor, working to ensure that the team is continuously improving
- Work directly with key suppliers to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support existing platforms and new product development
- Work directly with key internal stakeholders to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support capital purchases and production consumables
- Understand the technical aspects of production equipment to identify opportunities for cost, space, and process optimization and use data analytics to identify and parse process related opportunities
- Utilize negotiations to maximize value, cost savings and priority in terms of delivery for SpaceX while lowering risk; manage costs to ensure alignment with program budgets
- Build and own overall project budgets, compile funding requests, and generate capitalization plan based on project timeline focusing on TCO of the categories managed
- Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories
- Communicate overall equipment status to the management team including schedules, risks and mitigation actions and respond quickly to changes to the overall goals, schedule, and architecture
- Create sourcing strategies to reduce risk, enable continuous cost reduction and align with company strategy on payment terms, cash targets, on time delivery and cost savings
- Build genuine relationships both internally and externally and drive cross-functional teams to achieve consensus
- Present value propositions to SpaceX executives, including those related to contract award, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and critical supply issues
- Advanced degree and 9+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 11+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 15+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
- Capital equipment sourcing
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience directly negotiating contracts
- Experience sourcing suppliers
- Ability to prioritize appropriately to meet internal customer and company needs
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, with strong ability to communicate to all levels of internal personnel
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Ability to conduct all activities with integrity and urgency
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed
- Must be able to work flexible and extended hours and on weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Global Supply Manager: $150,000.00 - $205,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?