University Technical Recruiter
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
UNIVERSITY TECHNICAL RECRUITER
As a SpaceX university recruiter, you will run a full desk with a variety of duties and responsibilities focused on sourcing, screening, relationship management (both internal and external), and presenting to some of the top universities to fill mission critical positions (pun intended). In many cases, you are candidates’ first encounter with SpaceX and it is your job to represent the company with professionalism, pride, and enthusiasm. We work in teams and focus on collaboration yet require a high degree of autonomy. So while you are not expected to simply go it alone, you are expected to show initiative, take responsibility, and run with tasks to completion.
Your day-to-day routine will change often as hiring priorities shift, but there is a basic set of activities you can expect to run with daily, including, but not limited to:
- Define our campus recruiting event strategy- you will be planning, coordinating and attending campus recruiting events to help educate students on the exciting ways our engineers are advancing space exploration
- Relationship builder- you will be the face of SpaceX for universities, students and professors
- Screen candidates who apply to requisitions – as the SpaceX name brand grows, our job postings continue to fill up with stellar candidates
- Source candidates – often the best candidates are the ones not actively looking
- Once candidates are approved for hire, you will begin the HR onboarding process including initiating background checks, completing reference checks, negotiating offer packages including extending offer letters, and issuing new hire paperwork – you’ll have plenty of support from the HR, benefits, and compensation departments to make this process as seamless as possible
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of recruiting experience; or associate degree and 2+ years of experience; or 3+ years of professional experience as a recruiter in lieu of a degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with intern, early career and/or campus recruiting
- Experience recruiting electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, computer science and/or aerospace engineers
- Experience with high volume recruiting
- Experience with full life cycle recruiting (screening candidates, facilitating interviews and extending offers)
- Ability to distinguish between the top 50% and the top 5% of talent within their respective fields
- Demonstrated expertise in non-standard recruiting methods: cold calling candidates and companies, organizing and executing ad hoc networking events, identifying industry experts and finding unique methods to engage with them, creating unique targeted sourcing campaigns, etc.
- Comfortable interfacing directly with hiring managers including director and VP level technical leaders
- Ability to build strong relationships with both hiring managers and candidates
- Ability to accurately present but not oversell candidates to client groups; influence decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent but avoid dictating client decisions
- Ability to multi-task and operate with little direction while still being an active team member
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- Must be willing to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
- This role is based out in Hawthorne, CA and requires you to be onsite - remote work will not be considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Technical Recruiter/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Technical Recruiter/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?