SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Apply skills and expertise as a PCB Designer in challenging projects and contribute to the innovative growth of SpaceX. Work with electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineers to produce printed circuit board designs integral to launch, flight, and landing of SpaceX craft. The ideal candidate will have a passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Produce printed circuit board designs for the Avionics team supporting launch vehicles and spacecraft
- Work closely with design engineers to implement high-speed mixed signal designs applying established standards and guidelines
- Interface with manufacturing to produce designs that meet DFM guidelines
- Work priorities based on broad direction from management
- Use limited tactical guidance and help determine own strategic priorities
- Provide a leadership role for the group through advanced knowledge in area of specialization
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- 2+ years of professional experience in PCB design
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of professional experience in PCB design
- IPC CID, CID+ certification
- Proficient in high-density/high-speed design
- Proficient with signal integrity design techniques
- Experience with low noise design and minimization of EMI/EMC
- Experience with RF and split analog/digital designs
- Experience designing for thermal reduction and high-vibration environments
- Demonstrated understanding of design for manufacturability, design for assembly, and design for testability
- Experience with ECAD libraries and library configuration management
- Familiar with both MIL-STD and commercial components
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Software scripting experience for use in Altium Designer
- Working knowledge of Valor NPI
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
PCB Designer /Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
PCB Designer /Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?