Contractor Onboarding Coordinator
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Contractor Onboarding Coordinator
As a Contractor Onboarding Coordinator, your contributions will ensure that SpaceX can consistently and quickly provide accurate and detailed information for all contingent labor supporting projects across the Launch Group. Your efforts will help streamline the contractor onboarding process and daily time tracking to ensure personnel and financial accountability.
- Ensure new hires have a seamless onboarding experience
- Schedule all onboarding and new contractor orientation appointments
- Create and update documentation for the onboarding process. Determine demand for new documentation, new processes, or revisions
- Maintain all contractor information and system updates to ensure an efficient onboarding process
- Provide training and technical support to end users on all related systems and applications
- Verify the employment eligibility of all new hires
- Track, maintain, and order onboarding supplies as needed
- Process applications for IT related access for contractors as needed
- Oversee time tracking management of all contingent labor through external time tracking software
- Review and reconcile contractor vendor invoicing against tracked time
- Review and reconcile labor weeks for accurate PO tracking
- Provide payroll reporting across multiple departments/divisions to multiple labor agencies
- Maintain software and hardware time tracking and labor reporting throughout multiple SpaceX physical locations
- Resolve policy-related, process-related, and procedural issues/inquiries related to onboarding and time keeping
- Provide technical support for contractors, and maintain data security
- Assist in termination process of contractors to ensure sensitive data is not compromised
- Perform regular audits of contractor data to protect access control integrity
- Maintain technical information for contractor schedules, positions, titles, and roles
- Review resource tracking data and ensuring it is provided in an accurate and timely fashion
- Perform data compilation, analysis, and mathematical computations regarding contractor salaries to ensure accuracy and consistency and that personnel transactions comply with vendor policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of professional experience in a marketing, human resources, education, customer service, or administration role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to appropriately prioritize tasks
- Able to learn quickly on the job, and work in a dynamic organization with rapidly changing needs
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with Greenhouse and Workday
- Fluency in Spanish
- Position requires ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Contractor Onboarding Coordinator/Level 1: $27.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Something looks off?