Sr. Supply Chain Planner
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER
The SpaceX supply chain department is a critical player in our operations. This role will be part of the launch site supply chain team and will be based out of Vandenberg, CA. The functions within the team include procurement, planning, fulfillment, supplier development, supplier quality, inventory and logistics.
- Manage inventory level targets, reviewing line of balances, aligning demand supply signals and allocations, maintaining product master data and developing expertise in in-house systems and reports
- Mitigate risk and ensure continuity of supply by constructing and executing to a well thought out supply plan that fulfills the needs of the product on time and with quality
- Execute material resource planning (MRP) planning messages for production parts
- Be the “go to” resource for engineering, supply chain, manufacturing, and new product introduction teams when determining best value suppliers, NPI sourcing plans, make vs. buy, should cost, buy complete strategies, and lead times, etc.
- Drive design for manufacturability reviews with support from supplier quality and engineering
- Champion value-add and value engineering projects to improve part quality and reduce cost
- Mitigate sole/single source risk and ensure continuity of supply
- Proactively update SpaceX management and engineering teams on all critical supply issues
- Develop and maintain strong supplier relationships
- Visit supplier’s facilities and accurately assess technical capability, equipment, and capacity
- Execute MRP planning messages for production parts
- Resolve purchase order discrepancies and invoice issues
- Analyze procurement data and report metrics
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and government regulations
- Advanced degree; or bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of experience using SQL in business analysis, product management, applications/software development, or enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems support
- Technical procurement, manufacturing, and vendor management experience
- Experience reading datasheets, drawings, and blueprints
- Proven track record of leadership and team building skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with ERP systems and purchasing/planning functions
- Knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications (e.g. MS Office Suite, Access, SQL, etc.)
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest levels of integrity
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg
- Must be willing be willing to travel between launch sites up to 50% of the time
- Must be available for the following shift: Monday to Friday from 11AM – 8PM
- This position is based in Vandenburg, CA and requires being onsite – remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Supply Chain Planner: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.