Sensor Development Simulation Engineer (Avionics)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SENSOR DEVELOPMENT SIMULATION ENGINEER
Our sensors development team works to design, test, and manufacture high performance electronic sensors for the world's most advanced launch vehicles and spacecraft. The team is responsible for end-to-end development of application specific sensor products to support critical rocket and spacecraft operations, systems, and control loops including propulsion, guidance, navigation, control, and environmental systems. We are seeking a technical individual contributor to support sensor development efforts with knowledge of RF simulation/analysis, RF system design, and sensor error analysis.
- Responsible for RF simulations and error analysis.
- Responsible for collaborating on algorithm development.
- Resolving simulation results with field data.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- 2+ years of experience with Python, Matlab, or similar scripting languages.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- 3+ years of experience within the RF field.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of RF channel measurement and simulation.
- Experience with RF test equipment, namely vector network analyzers and spectrum analyzers.
- Knowledge of ANSYS/HFSS, CST, COMSOL for RF analysis
- Must be willing to support extended hours and weekends when necessary to support launch and critical project timelines
- Must be willing to travel <20%
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sensors Development Simulation Engineer /Level I: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00/per year
Sensors Development Simulation Engineer/Level II: $115,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.