Security Officer 2 - Night Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SECURITY OFFICER 2
Security Officers are dedicated security professionals with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced high-tech environment. Security Officers work as a team, patrolling the company’s properties via vehicle and foot and/or ensuring security at a series of fixed locations in accordance with federal, state, and local laws as well as company regulations.
- Maintain proficiency/awareness of static guard post duties
- Plan and conduct advanced security training for all security officers
- Conduct advanced research and analysis in support of SpaceX security missions
- Conduct and review risk assessments of critical SpaceX facilities
- Respond to emergency situations and provide on-scene leadership to others
- Plan and coordinate domestic flight hardware transportation operations
- Provide mobile security support as directed by the Operations Center
- Learn advanced skillsets including but not limited to: EMT, investigations, surveillance, VIP escort, security hardware
- Function as liaison with law enforcement, community leaders and key stakeholders in space industry
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 4+ years of experience in the military, law enforcement, overseas security contracting, or advanced corporate security or 1+ years on the SpaceX Security Team as a Security Officer 1
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Military deployment and/or counterinsurgency experience
- Aptitude for critical incident handling
- CPR/First Aid for the Professional Rescuer or BLS for the Healthcare Provider
- Computer based proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Extensive team-oriented experience
- Small unit leadership experience
- An intense interest in protecting the future of spaceflight
- Foreign language proficiency
- Shown ability to work as a team
- Demonstrated aptitude to lead a small unit
- Impeccable character and integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to de-escalate disputes and/or conflict(s)
- Ability to work night shift (6:00 PM - 6:00 AM)
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- Availability to work any schedule needed, to include; nights, weekends and rotating
- Position is subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- Ability and willingness to occasionally stand in a static position for extended periods
- Able to wear approximately 20-30lbs of gear throughout a 12-hour shift
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of time in support of SpaceX Security requirements should the need arise
- Valid driver’s license
- Possess or be eligible for a valid state security officer license
- Ability to effectively execute duties in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Security Officer/Level 2: $23.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.