Electron Beam Welder - Weekend Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ELECTRON BEAM WELDER - WEEKEND SHIFT
- Operate CNC-controlled electron-beam (EB) welding machines including part set-up.
- Develop, maintain, and evaluate weld schedules.
- Upkeep general machine maintenance and test.
- Utilize EB welding on several types of metal including titanium, stainless steel, copper, C103, and Inconel.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 2+ years of experience welding.
- Experience in G-code programming and weld schedule development.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in electron beam welding.
- Both high- and low-voltage machine experience.
- Experience with both manual and robotic welding applications.
- TIG welding experience.
- Knowledge of AWS D17.1.
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and/or weekends as needed.
- This is a weekend shift role. Friday - Monday (6AM - 6PM)
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and be able to maneuver in tight spaces.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Electron Beam Welder/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Electron Beam Welder/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Electron Beam Welder/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.