Sr. Sales Manager, Commercial Launch (MEA Region)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SALES MANAGER, COMMERCIAL LAUNCH (MEA REGION)
The Commercial Launch Sales Team at SpaceX is responsible for selling launch services to new and existing customers, including satellite operators and manufacturers, space agencies, governments, startups, private astronauts, and space exploration pioneers. As Sales Manager, you will report to the Sr. Director of Commercial Sales and support sales efforts across the African and Middle East region. You will take ownership of assigned client relationships and commercial launch opportunities. While you will receive direct mentorship from your leaders, your work will be largely self-directed. SpaceX evolves rapidly, and you will be a critical asset to the sales team as we work to collectively advance our presence in the launch market across the galaxy.
- Manage, develop, and expand SpaceX’s launch services in international markets
- Identify, develop, shape and close commercial launch business opportunities
- Develop customer relationships to understand technical, contractual, political, and financial considerations.
- Work with SpaceX’s product engineering team to convey market demand to iterate on and improve SpaceX’s product offerings
- Represent the commercial sales team at internal meetings and technical briefings
- Represent SpaceX in various forums, including conferences, SpaceX launches, technology panels, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or business discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in business development or sales
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of the MEA region including culture and politics
- Independently motivated, with a demonstrated track record of project ownership
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in a professional setting
- Familiarity with launch vehicles, satellites, and/or the aerospace industry
- Master’s degree with engineering or business focused curriculum
- Strong analytical skills in business and technical issues
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations
- This role is based in the U.S, however, travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations is required as needed, up to 50%
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Sales Manager: $150,000.00 - $205,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
This position is also eligible for a sales bonus plan.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.