Quality Engineer (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
QUALITY ENGINEER (STARSHIP)
The Starship Quality Engineering team has the primary responsibility of steering the program to obtain AS9100 compliance and conformance to SpaceX Quality Management Systems. This engineer will work with many teams that include, but not limited to design build, operations, reliability, and supply chain to bring awareness and action that continuously improve the quality management system to meet the needs of Starship while moving to the target of crewed spaceflight.
- Provides Management System training and guidance to SpaceX Management, Departments and Internal Customers to build, implement and improve policy, procedures and systems that meet SpaceX business objectives and assure compliance to Customer requirements and industry standards
- Coordinates and maintains internal audit schedules in accordance with ISO9001 / AS9100 Quality Management System standards and SpaceX procedures and policies
- Assesses SpaceX business processes, systems and products through internal audit program to assure compliance to customer requirements, SpaceX procedures and policies and ISO 9001 / AS9100 standards
- Utilizes corrective and preventive action process to correct compliance nonconformance and drive improvement of the management system
- Measures and monitors management system data and reports to management on Quality System compliance status and improvement initiatives
- Initiates change request of management system procedures, policies and internal audit checklist and leads implementation efforts
- Interfaces with Government Customer on management system data, status and assist with management system insight through internal and 3rd party audit observations
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering, Business Management or other Engineering Science
- 1+ years’ experience implementing management systems and auditing to AS9100 Quality Management Systems standard is desired
- 1+ years’ experience working with the AS/ISO family of standards especially AS9100C
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong technical writing skills, the ability to communicate effectively with management, technical teams and all organizations in the business, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, be positive, and be people oriented.
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel. A demonstrated comfort with personal computers and willingness to learn specific software applications.
- ASQ - CQA - RAB certified lead auditor or training, with hands on implementation and assessment experience
- ASQ Quality certifications are a plus
- Ability to multi-task, to manage shifting priorities and to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Quality Engineer/Level I: $100,000.00 - $120,000.00/per year
Quality Engineer/Level II: $115,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.