Propulsion Analyst, Structures
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROPULSION ANALYST, STRUCTURES
Raptor structural analysts ensure that the world's most advanced rocket engine is capable of withstanding formidable pressures, extreme temperatures, vibrations, accelerations, and aerodynamic loading from liftoff to landing. These engineers have a keen eye for detail and complex physics that enable successful performance of Starship's engines. If you possess an affinity for physics, structural mechanics, advanced computing, and unraveling intricate challenges while occasionally working with engine hardware, a structural analysis role may be for you!
- Conduct, document, and present static, thermal, dynamic, and durability analyses on the Raptor engine through FEA and first principles to inform design decisions and ensure reliability and performance requirements are met
- Collaborate in driving necessary analyses throughout engine component design cycles
- Ensure model predictions are grounded in reality through a practical hands-on approach
- Assist in the organization and improvement of integrated system models
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, physics, or other engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience in structural analysis or design (extracurricular and internship experience qualifies)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or physics
- 1+ years of professional industry experience in structural analysis and/or design of engine hardware
- Proficient in statics, mechanics of materials, durability, dynamics, and/or heat transfer
- Experience with FEA setup and post-processing
- Able to perform hand calculations to validate and improve models
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to deliver on schedule
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Propulsion Analyst/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Propulsion Analyst/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
At SpaceX, we value diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability status. We believe diverse perspectives drive innovation.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.