Sr. Sourcing Specialist, Retail and Marketing
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOURCING SPECIALIST, RETAIL AND MARKETING
We are a progressive procurement organization pushing the boundaries of traditional procurement reputation and methodologies. We are looking for individuals who can think outside the box to achieve company objectives regarding value and partnerships with our suppliers. Our organization moves quickly, and you must too. SpaceX has the unique ability and desire to influence and shape suppliers to be better with us as we challenge our supply chain on cost, quality and delivery. This individual will support needs such as marketing spend, promotional campaigns, and in-store retail displays.
- Develop a robust supply chain for the marketing category focusing on identifying and developing key partners who are able to enable the growth of Starlink.
- Create sourcing strategies for assigned categories to reduce risk and meet targets for the purchasing department including, but not limited to, payment terms, cash targets, and cost savings
- Monitor and track spend effectiveness and influence business decisions based on data trends
- Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships to create strategic sourcing models that optimize the value of products and services that support business unit requirements while maintaining continuous cost reduction programs for controllable expenditures
- Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories
- Create contract documents in collaboration with the legal department
- Understand interrelationships between contracts and terms while applying creativity and sound business reasoning to interpret application of contract to business needs
- Negotiate to maximize value and cost savings benefits while lowering risk
- Create and implement management programs to develop, continuously improve, manage the performance of, and monitor KPIs of the supply base and effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Place purchase orders and resolve blocked invoices
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Supply chain management
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing procurement categories
- Experience with procuring and launching in-store retail displays with a global footprint
- Knowledgeable about the intricacies of global retail markets
- Experience with completing transactions over $1 million
- Strong contract negotiation and document management skills
- Remarkable problem-solving skills with a bias for speed
- Quick learner and ability to prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications (e.g. MS OfficeSuite, SQL, PowerBI, etc.)
- Ability to conduct all activities with the highest degree of integrity
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
- Ability to travel up to 20%
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Sourcing Specialist/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.