Test Technician (Falcon 9)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST TECHNICIAN (FALCON 9)
- Run pneumatic tests on flight hardware
- Use hand tools, high pressure pumps and protective equipment
- Work with high pressure gases (helium and nitrogen) as well as liquid nitrogen
- Analyze test data to meet acceptance criteria established by engineering
- Use computer software programs for controlling tests
- Layout, fabricate, assemble, and install experimental and production flight hardware for master mock-ups, full scale operating models, and test assemblies
- Repair or replace flight hardware due to engineering design changes and test failures
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of testing experience in a manufacturing, aerospace, or military environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with pressure systems-cryogenic (gaseous and liquid) and hydrostatic systems
- Experience using tooling such as form blocks, drill jigs, and shop aids
- Experience using hand tools and precision measuring equipment
- Able to lead and understand drawings and schematics
- Experience running electrical, structural or pressure tests on flight components in LabVIEW
- Experience operating high-pressure test carts for pneumatic testing
- Experience with computer-based data analysis (LabVIEW)
- Experience with actuators, plumbing (hydraulic/pneumatic – both set up and operation of these systems)
- Experience with high pressure (>1000psi) gases
- Must be able to work all require shift hours, overtime and/or weekends, as needed. Nominal hours – 1st shift: 5:00 AM – 3:30 PM; 2nd shift: 3:30PM to 2 AM
- Ability to travel to different sites, as needed, up to 5%
- Ability to support repetitive assembly operations: grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, working at heights and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to work in outdoor environments as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Test Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $27.00/hour
Test Technician/Level 2: $25.00 - $32.50/hour
Test Technician/Level 3: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.