Manager, Production Control (Fluid Systems)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, PRODUCTION CONTROL - FALCON PRODUCTION (FLUID SYSTEMS)
- Lead a cross-functional production control team of schedulers and production coordinators for Falcon Fluid Systems across multiple sites, buildings and production areas.
- Manage scheduling and planning strategies in a process diverse manufacturing environment, with various part mixes, high mix low volume, low mix high volume, etc.
- Own interaction and discussion w/ customers and service providers external to business unit.
- Support Production Leaders in developing capacity planning across all shops and resources for both rate-driven and development programs.
- Actively engage engineering, supply chain and production teams to ensure schedules and exit rates meets with the manifest and production needs.
- Drive and support management team in hitting tight production schedules, while adapting to changing priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Establish and develop schedulers to monitor and communicate area status/readiness, work aggressively to remove blockers, and elevate risks to area managers.
- Lead continuous improvement of material movement /scheduling initiatives on production flow and resource alignment, process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage resource levels and capacity to ensure MRP adherence, help identify and resolve areas of high risk with production managers.
- Drive offloading / outsourcing strategy implementations, similarly for any insourcing efforts.
- Collaborate with production peer group to establish and drive shop improvement metrics and targets.
- Promote a culture of collaboration within and between departments.
- Create tools/processes that improve overall team scheduling methods for all products including production and development efforts.
- Understand SpaceX quality documentation as it applies to T1 planning requirements.
- Active member of cross-functional make vs. buy decisions and strategies. Responsible for providing impact analysis to internal capacity and cost estimates.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 1+ years of experience in lead or supervisory role.
- 1+ years of experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods.
- 1+ years of experience with ERP systems, work order creation/management and BOM Structures.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Formal education or training in industrial/operations engineering principles and practices.
- High volume production experience.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production.
- Aerospace, commercial aviation or automotive background.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production teams.
- Excellent attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
- Proven ability to adapt to fluctuating work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles.
- Able to work long hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel to the various SpaceX sites.
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Manager: $130,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.