Integration Technician, Spacecraft Integration (Payloads) - Night Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN, SPACECRAFT INTEGRATION (PAYLOADS) - NIGHT SHIFT
Join a highly skilled team of technicians to integrate and launch thousands of SpaceX’s Starlink satellites – bringing fast and reliable internet to the entire world.
- Provide daily support to the fairing, payload and Starlink integration technician team
- Work with a team of technicians and engineers to ensure systems and mechanical equipment are built with the highest level of quality to support the successful launch of our multi-million dollar satellites to orbit or beyond
- Execute hands-on operations with both large as well as small, fragile assemblies
- Install spacecraft hardware in a highly detailed and quality manner which includes:
- Removal, repair and installation of harnessing
- Removal, repair and installation of thermal protective fairing skin
- Removal and installation of avionics boxes
- Removal and installation of propulsion fluid systems
- Navigate through hardware receiving, checkouts, processing of SpaceX fairing flight hardware and ground support equipment, integration of Starlink satellites, and integration of commercial/government spacecraft
- Execute procedures for the checkout of SpaceX flight hardware and ground support equipment
- Maintain and install fluid system components from a schematic or drawing including parachutes, pistons, ball and check valves, pressure regulators and gauges, etc.
- Provide support as needed to the following efforts: operations in 100,000 class or better clean rooms; Starlink satellite integration, fairing refurbishment and reuse, new production fairing processing and customer payload integration
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience in assembly, test, maintenance, repair and/or installation, OR a certificate from an accredited trade skills program
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Aircraft & Powerplant (A&P) certification/license
- Associate degree in aerospace technology or equivalent area of study
- Military aviation experience as a propulsion or airframe technician
- Proficiency in or hands-on experience with one or more of the following: launch vehicle or spacecraft integration; operations in 100,000 class or better clean rooms; test operations with gases/fluids; data acquisition setup and field measurements
- Strong written and oral communication skills, a meticulous attention to detail, an emphasis on safety, cleanliness, adherence to corporate policies and standards, a great attitude, and the ability to work with a team
- Ability in reading/understanding technical drawings, manuals and reports
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Experience working in a clean room environment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Prior government clearance (secret, TS or TS/SCI)
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Vandenberg
- Ability to work night shift: M-F 5:00pm - 3:30am
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 15%) to other launch sites or customer facilities as necessary
- Must be willing to work 50+ hours a week (overtime) when necessary to support launch and critical project timelines, flexibility required
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, pushing, and carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment (15 to 35 lbs.)
- Typically exposed to work in clean room with hair, face, and shoe covers
- Work occasionally performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Integration Technician/Level 1: $22.00 - $29.75/hour
Integration Technician/Level 2: $27.50 - $35.75/hour
Integration Technician/Level 3: $33.00 - $41.75/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.