Machine Operator (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MACHINE OPERATOR (STARSHIP)
- Operate and maintain equipment such as laser cutters, press brakes, water jets, and roller machinery
- Assemble basic flight hardware which includes torqueing fasteners
- Read basic blue prints to ensure parts are made to engineering specifications to meet customer needs
- Use basic inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, thread gauges and radius gauges to verify conformance of hardware
- Fabricate complex, tight tolerance parts, using various sheet metal materials that include several types of steel aluminum, pyron, and zotek
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience working with machinery in a shop environment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of machine operating experience
- Experience operating all equipment in a high volume sheet metal fabrication shop
- High mechanical aptitude
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Ability to stand for extended periods - 8 hours minimum
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Comfortable with repetitive movement, bending or twisting, and using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, and exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Machine Operator/Level 1: $18.00/hour
Machine Operator/Level 2: $21.00/hour
Machine Operator/Level 3: $25.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.