Spaceport Operations Technician
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SPACEPORT OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN
The role of Spaceport Operations Technician will be to provide administrative assistance to the management of the organization’s housing accommodations, transportation, site amenities, and customer service activities. This person will help drive effective customer service strategies and be an integral support to the Spaceport team and all customers. The duties of Spaceport Operations Technician will include but are not limited to; coordinating service operations, monitoring basic up-keep of the grounds, ensuring excellent customer service, engaging with customers, and upholding customer service principles. They will be the main point of contact for customer communication and Facilities/Housekeeping coordination. The Spaceport Operations Technician will support the mission by providing a foundation of understanding for excellent customer service and quality of living and visiting accommodations that boost morale and productivity within SpaceX.
- Manage day to day operations of guest reservations for rooms and transportation
- Own the dispatching, follow up, and guest recovery with all issues and requests. Always anticipating guests needs and ensuring requests are 100% completed
- Act as the “manager on duty” when specialists are not present
- Initiate development of inter-departmental communication resulting in establishing effective procedures
- Coordinate with Facilities and Housekeeping team communicating request to team and customers
- Inspect and routinely walk areas of responsibility
- General maintenance of the Starbase Operation grounds
- Enforce proper safety practices with staff
- Coordinate and enhance time management for team
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of operations experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Customer service and problem resolution skills preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent knowledge of room inventory, housekeeping processes and guest services
- Ability to organize work for large groups in various service formats
- Strong time management skills
- Experience leading small groups in team settings of 5 or more staff members
- Aesthetic industrial design experience preferred
- Experience with facilities within a mid-scale sized operation
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to make independent judgments with limited information
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbally and in-writing) between other employees, vendors, and customers
- Comfortable working in a high-stress environment balancing several projects at any given time, and the flexibility to adjust for abrupt changes in strategic directions
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed
Spaceport Operations Technician/Level 1: $19.00/hour
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.