Sr. Strategic Connectivity Manager (Social Impact)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. STRATEGIC CONNECTIVITY MANAGER (SOCIAL IMPACT)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, is delivering low-latency broadband internet around the world. As a part of the Strategic Connectivity Team, you will lead strategic projects that directly drive Starlink’s global expansion. You will be responsible to pilot and execute new products and strategies, working closely with partner teams to improve Starlink’s overall business capabilities.
In this role, you will be specifically responsible for growing the social impact vertical of the Strategic Connectivity team. Your main objective will be to scale Starlink’s global impact by connecting the unconnected, including schools, hospitals, and other connectivity end users. In the immediate term, your goal will be to increase the number of end users connected via Starlink social programs by at least 10x in 2024. This includes the full lifecycle of managing Starlink donations, from organizing fundraisers to building and managing relationships with partner enterprises, contract execution, and project rollout.
Our ideal candidate is experienced in philanthropy, donor relations, and fundraising, and is ambitious and extremely motivated to expand Starlink’s reach globally, comfortable navigating difficult, complicated, or ambiguous situations, and passionate about connecting the unconnected.
- Owns the success of Starlink’s impact programs and initiatives
- Develop and plan Starlink social impact strategies
- Define company metrics for social impact, own process to improve the metrics and communication of team targets and successes to the wider organization
- Grow the number of end users connected via Starlink at schools, hospitals, and community wifi hotspots by 10x
- Oversee the preparation, rollout, and communication of all social impact achievements and provide updates for the wider organization
- Build strategic partnerships and manage relationships with key philanthropic organizations and social investors to roll out connectivity programs for remote institutions such as schools, hospitals, community centers, etc.
- Collaborate with the communications, marketing, and website development teams to create communications around Starlink’s philanthropic work
- Execute contracts end-to-end to drive toward team goals, and iterate for long-term sustainability. When necessary, the Account Manage the rollout of the project
- Identify, create, and scale funding mechanisms that connect donors to need
- Manage donor relations
- Understand project requirements, manage the rollout of new programs as we close deals and onboard them, and project manage outputs. Identify and communicate new tooling and development needs to internal stakeholders
- Define products (hardware, software, service) needed to support specific customer base
- Set targets for the software team roadmap to develop necessary tooling and functionalities to manage social impact projects
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in philanthropy
- 3+ years of experience in non-profit management, financial management, strategic planning, or organizational development
- 2+ years experience in an external-facing role managing vendors, commercial or government contracts, or large business/enterprise customers
- 2+ years of experience leading interdisciplinary projects
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- 2+ years of experience in satellite telecommunications, or nonprofit IT connectivity
- Experience developing and leading projects in the social impact sector, including start-up and pilot programs, as well as revitalizing existing projects
- Demonstrated ability to define and project manage a new product or program into implementation
- Experience organizing fundraisers or similar corporate-sponsored events
- Experience fundraising and managing donations
- Experience interpreting and negotiating technical requirements
- Experience managing multiple projects and delivering under tight time and resource constraints
- Excellent problem-solving and sleuthing skills, going beyond just the apparent and available answer
- Significant technical knowledge of Starlink or telecommunications in at least one key area (examples: satellites, ground network, user terminals, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to craft and present professional presentations
- Excellent empathy, active listening, and resiliency skills
- Ability to read contract documents and discern requirements and deliverables
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations as needed
- Must be local or willing to relocate to Redmond, WA
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr Strategic Connectivity Manager: $125,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.