SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SpaceX is looking for a manager to join the treasury team to ensure that our treasury capabilities meet the increasing need of our rapidly growing global Starlink business. The Manager of Treasury will oversee and support various aspects of treasury operations, including FX strategy, management and execution, fixed income investment and compliance with credit agreements.
- Manage execution of foreign exchange trades required to fund SpaceX's global business
- Perform risk analyses related to foreign exchange and other risks
- Design and build risk monitoring frameworks, systems, and reporting dashboards that present risks and mitigation plans or alternatives in a clear manner.
- Work with banking partners to implement new systems and methodologies of executing trades in restricted currencies
- Develop, enhance, and standardize processes related to FX trading/reporting and fixed income investment trading/reporting
- Implement best practices/controls across all treasury functions
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, business or other technical discipline
- 6+ years of corporate treasury or other applicable experience
- Knowledge of institutional banking and payment systems
- Experience with foreign exchange trading operations and derivatives
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills
- Ability to work independently to drive implementation of small and large-scale process improvements
- An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Experience with VBA automation in Excel
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg
- Experience with Corporate Treasury FX trading platforms such as FXAll, 360T, and Bloomberg FX Go
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Treasury Manager: $130,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.