Global Supply Manager (Starshield)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL SUPPLY MANAGER (STARSHIELD)
Starshield leverages SpaceX's Starlink technology and launch capability to support national security efforts. While Starlink is designed for consumer and commercial use, Starshield is designed for government use, with an initial focus on earth observation, communications, and hosted payloads.
The Global Supply Manager, Starshield supports Starshield supply chain programs through supply strategies, supply base management, supply chain management, risk mitigation, and NPI program management. The superstar candidate would be technically proficient to interface with cross-functional colleagues to understand mission requirements, as well as tailor innovative strategic solutions that will drive best-in-class negotiated outcomes for SpaceX. This role will have complete ownership over the supply strategy of their assigned commodity space and will manage the negotiation, execution, and performance of suppliers and the associated contractual agreements under their purview.
- Conduct comprehensive supplier analyses to formulate a strategic sourcing plan that identifies new/suitable suppliers, optimizes cost structures, and proactively ensures continuity of supply based on multivariate macroeconomic factors
- Ensure all purchased parts are clear to build for all Starshield programs
- Collaboratively work with engineering and production to identify a reliable supply base to support all prototype builds, design changes and production builds.
- Ownerships of end to end supply chain responsibilities from sourcing strategies, vendor selection, vendor capacity, contract negotiation, part procurement, delivery tracking, budget planning and cross-functional communication.
- Ensure compliance with government and commercial contracts and assist mission managers with contract performance
- Conduct sourcing analysis to formulate a sourcing plan that includes strategic direction, supply roadmaps, price trends, market and industry position, and risk assessment
- Prepare, issue, and analyze RFx packages, ensuring all commercial terms are agreed upon and documented, using scalable processes for vendor selection, pricing analysis, risk assessment, and decision metrics for one-time and ongoing project requirements
- Survey supplier facilities and accurately assess technical capability, equipment, and capacity for rapid deployment in support of new product development and production.
- Be the Starshield “Go to” supply chain resource for engineering and manufacturing stakeholders and determine and execute sourcing strategies to deliver the best value suppliers, NPI Sourcing Plans, make vs. buy analysis, and lead time optimization to the business.
- Manage respective supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution, supplier scorecards, and periodic business reviews.
- Participate in design reviews, change control meetings, and other technical discussions with Engineering partners; participate in DFM review with Engineering and prospective suppliers and drive decisions from a cost and source reliability perspective.
- Led cross-functional teams to manage project timelines, including developing and maintaining action trackers, supplier plan vs. actual, and other program management tools related to on-time delivery of supplier parts against Program timing.
- Advanced degree and 4+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 10+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of experience in procurement, manufacturing, or related supply chain disciplines
- Experience with mechanical and/or special process manufacturers and suppliers
- Experience in managing outsourcing contract manufacturing partners
- Proven track record of taking ownership, successful NPI sourcing strategy development and execution in a fast-paced environment
- Technical procurement, product development, NPI, manufacturing, and negotiating with diverse supply base in electronics, mechanicals, and contract manufacturers.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
- Ability to 30% travel between Redmond and Hawthorne.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Global Supply Manager: $125,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.