Manager, Production (Falcon 9)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, PRODUCTION (FALCON 9)
- Manage a staff of 4+ supervisors and 40+ employees across a 2-shift operation toward goals aligned to company targets for utilization, process improvement, quality, safety, delivery and cost reduction
- Ensure a strong focus is placed on safety, and achieve excellent safety performance with the team
- Leverage quality metrics to continually improve the output of the team; play a leading role in ensuring root cause for quality issues are identified and appropriate improvement actions are put in place
- Review work instructions and drive change recommendations to improve processes
- Achieve cost targets by improving labor efficiency and driving design for manufacturability improvements
- Coordinate and encourage an environment of continuous improvement for all assigned products and processes
- Think creatively; question the status quo, while following documentation and maintaining prescribed quality standards
- Support overall organization in the strategic planning of labor power, equipment, and other resources
- Identify opportunities for training improvements, and coordinate with technical training team to develop new hire and advanced skill training programs
- Develop, initiate, and enforce system policies and procedures in a fair and equitable manner
- Identify, plan, and execute capital equipment, machine, and layout upgrades to meet volume production demand
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of experience working in an aerospace, automotive, aviation, nuclear, or other manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role with direct reports
- 1+ year of experience within operations
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in guiding teams through production stabilization and maturation
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization, including production technicians, engineering, and the executive level
- Strong technical understanding and practical knowledge of manufacturing process, systems integration, and hardware requirements
- Able to adapt to constantly changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy
- Highly motivated and team-oriented leader with strong communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams within the organization
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods
- Demonstrated record of high-performance (rated 4/4 or above in previous review cycles)
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed; up to 5%
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Manager/Production: $130,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.