Dishwasher - Temporary
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DISHWASHER - TEMPORARY POSITION
Dishwashers play a vital role in the SpaceX kitchen. They ensure that all of the daily operational equipment is cleaned and ready for use. Each member of the dish crew works rotating stations at all of the food service outlets. Dishwashers support the SpaceX mission by helping the food services department maintain and organize a clean, safe workspace in all dining areas, kitchens, and other departmental workspaces.
- Set up and work a dish washing machine
- Help the team meet time and quality standards set by supervisor
- Monitor quality of cleaned dishes
- Maintain a clean and safe work station
- Maintain cleaning of the kitchen equipment as needed
- Effectively communicate with your team
- Ensure all dishwashing chemicals are stocked and functioning properly
- Remove recycling, waste, and food waste from kitchens
- Maintain organization of dish and equipment storage areas
- Light prep work and food handling support as needed
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 3 months (permanent hire conversion based on performance and business need)
- LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of work experience in any field
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ year of experience in a customer service or food services support role
- Experience in a corporate environment
- Possession or willingness to obtain CA food handlers card
- Previous work experience in large team settings
- Ability to carry large heavy items, such as dishes in tubs or trays unassisted (up to 25 lbs.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time – up to 10 hours a day
- Ability to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends, as needed
- Ability to perform frequent bending, stooping, and lifting of objects
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Dishwasher/Level 1: $20.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for potential discretionary bonuses. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, and various other discounts and perks. You will also be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.