Construction Project Specialist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT SPECIALIST
As a member of the construction projects team you will work with a group of elite engineers and specialists across multiple disciplines to design, build, and activate infrastructure for a variety of projects at the SpaceX Bastrop Campus. This role is responsible for the design, build, and activation of infrastructure, facilities improvements and large capital projects. You will have the opportunity to drive positive change in a fast-paced and low-drag environment. This includes owning tasks/projects from start to finish, with the goal of making the SpaceX campus a world-class facility that can support the mission of enabling life beyond Earth. This position is based in Bastrop, Texas (Austin area).
- Manage, coordinate, and provide liaison for construction projects and maintenance operations at the SpaceX Bastrop Campus to ensure vendors meet SpaceX and regulatory standards while delivering promised services, materials, and craftsmanship
- Interact with tradesman, contractors, and building officials to coordinate and execute maintenance, repair, and installation of facilities support equipment
- Direct system repairs of HVAC equipment, electrical systems, fire protection, water and plumbing infrastructure
- Direct construction projects performed at the facility to ensure that the work is safely completed with minimal interruption to operations
- Assist engineering team with budgetary trades, drawings, and design to ensure projects meet design intent and can be completed on time and within budget
- Keep accurate records of daily logs, progress reports, and financial reports
- Willing to support as needed
- 3+ years of hands-on electrical experience in facilities construction
- Active Journeyman Electrician License
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in facilities construction with the capability of both directing facilities related projects and providing hands-on support
- Master Electrician License
- Knowledge and understanding of building management and construction best practices
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and industrial mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems Previous experience with project management and scheduling software
- Basic proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Experience with project management of major construction projects including estimating, cost control, schedule, and contractor management
- Experience reading, reviewing, and approving shop and fabrication drawings, blueprints, and technical manuals
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while maintaining a high sense of urgency in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Manufacturing facility experience
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Physical effort with lifting and carrying materials or equipment (up to 25 lbs.)
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when needed based on site operational needs; flexibility required
- Valid driver’s license
- Occasional travel may be required to support projects at other sites
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Construction Project Specialist: $30.00 - $38.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.