Supply Chain Quality Systems Engineer (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPPLY CHAIN QUALITY SYSTEMS ENGINEER (STARLINK)
This is a technical position that requires practical experience with the materials, processes, and parts used in mechanical assemblies for aerospace products. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of these products with the desire and capability to take on new challenges in unfamiliar areas to help enable our mission to Mars.
The Supply Chain Quality Systems Engineer works with suppliers to continually improve the quality management system, lead investigations and implement corrective actions, and verifies compliance to SpaceX requirements through audits.
- Perform quality management system audits and manufacturing process audits to assess new and incumbent suppliers. Assesses SpaceX supplier processes, systems, and products through on-site supplier audit program to assure compliance to requirements, SpaceX procedures and policies, and ISO 9001 / AS9100 standards
- Provides training and guidance to SpaceX suppliers and partners to build, implement, and improve policy, procedures, and systems that meet SpaceX business objectives and assure compliance to customer requirements and industry standards
- Lead root cause investigation and validate supplier corrective actions to ensure they are robust, sustainable, and implemented for similar potential concerns across manufacturing lines and/or suppliers. Implement actions both internally and externally
- Ownership of supplier metric reporting and audit roadmap. Create visualizations and analyze data for insights, then use audit tools and collaborate with the Supplier Development Engineer to drive performance improvements where needed
- Initiates change request of management system procedures, policies, and audit checklist and leads implementation efforts. Owns supplier audit checklist for the Starlink Product, Aviation, and Enterprise programs
- Perform product audits, documentation review, and source inspections as required
- Bachelor degree in an engineering or STEM discipline
- 1+ years of experience with manufacturing and/or inspection of mechanical products in a production environment (including school projects, clubs, or internships)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to dig deep and question the process
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization, from shop floor production associate to supplier executive leadership
- Thorough knowledge of AS9100 and the ISO family of standards especially ISO9001
- ASQ-CQA-RAB certified lead auditor or training with hands on implementation and assessment experience
- Intimate knowledge of manufacturing processes and associated products such as aerospace machining, sheet metal fabrication, harness fabrication, and injection molding
- Experience with quality tools including root cause and corrective action, QMS, and process auditing
- Working knowledge of SQL – ability to construct and/or maintain Tableau metrics
- Strong technical writing skills, ability to communicate effectively with management, technical teams and all organizations in the business, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, be innovative, detail oriented, possess initiative, be positive, and be people oriented
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time, primarily domestic but also international
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supply Chain Quality Systems Engineer/Level I: $95,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Supply Chain Quality Systems Engineer/Level II: $110,000.00 - $130,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.