Telecommunications Counsel (Africa)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS COUNSEL (AFRICA)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, is delivering low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As a Telecommunications Counsel, you will help the business understand and navigate applicable laws and regulations in Africa.
- Advise the Starlink team on the laws, regulations, and policies that impact business in Africa, particularly laws relating to telecommunications and internet services
- Analyze legal and regulatory risks and communicate them to the business and technical teams to enable sound compliance decisions and to support licensing in Africa
- Develop tools for the legal, business, and technical teams to understand and comply with legal and regulatory requirements in multiple jurisdictions
- Monitor legal and policy developments related to the Starlink business
- Juris Doctor degree or foreign equivalent from an accredited law school
- 5+ years of professional experience with regulatory compliance matters in the telecommunications industry related to broadband and/or satellite services
- Active bar membership in at least one U.S. state or foreign jurisdiction
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluency in French
- Knowledge of telecommunications business and regulatory issues outside of the U.S.
- Prior experience managing legal issues for a high-growth multinational company
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Telecommunications Counsel: $190,000.00 - $230,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.