Senior UX Designer
SpotOn is a cutting-edge software company dedicated to redefining the merchant services industry. SpotOn combines payment processing with customer engagement and business management solutions, giving small and medium businesses the data and tools they need to run and grow their business. Our tools increase revenue and connect businesses with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, website building, and data analytics. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and other small to midsize businesses. We have our service deployed in many cities across the U.S. and Mexico.
Please send your CV with portfolio if you are interested in applying for this role. The first step of the recruitment process will be a CV and portfolio review by the hiring manager.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Drive creative and holistic design thinking for a diverse suite of web and mobile applications and devices.
- Build strong relationships and operate rhythms with cross-functional partners to efficiently implement user experiences that are customer-centric, cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Be responsible for and effectively advocate for SpotOn users within a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Estimate, plan and track your UX projects and deliverables from inception to completion through iterative stages, optimizing for user experience quality and timely delivery of design specifications and assets.
- Produce meaningful, comprehensive design documentation for information architecture, navigation, task flows, UI patterns and components for mobile, Web and touchscreen point-of-sale systems.
- Apply strong foundational knowledge of visual design principles to your design solutions, working within the SpotOn design system and brand guidelines.
- Participate in the planning and conducting of user research activities to gather customer insights and leverage data analytics to inform your design decisions.
- Proactively participate in group design reviews to receive and provide feedback to ensure high quality designs and great customer experience outcomes.
- Work across Poland and US time zones to collaborate and meet timelines.
What skill are we searching for?
- 5+ years of product user experience design with an accompanying UX-focused portfolio of work samples for web and mobile applications. Please be prepared to articulate the design challenge or problem that was solved and your design rationale behind your design choices, in addition to your design artifacts.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, in Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English – bonus for additional language skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience designing for software product experiences from inception to launch.
- Experience with design thinking frameworks, as well as translating UX research insights into inventive design solutions that address user needs/pains.
- Experience with mobile-first product design and designing UX for consumer-facing and business-facing web and mobile applications.
- Sharp attention to detail and thorough in design documentation.
- Experience balancing product, development, and user-centered goals to help shape overall product strategy.
- Effective in working across organizational boundaries to collaborate proactively with partners across Brand, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering and neighboring UX teams.
- Expertise in industry standard design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc. to produce design deliverables. Familiarity with user research tools is a plus.
Here’s a bit about what we have to offer:
- Competitive pay: 18 000 - 23 000 PLN net on B2B, 16 000 - 20 000 PLN gross on CoE
- Possibility to earn in USD (American dollars)
- Training budget 3500 PLN gross per year
- Access to e-learning platforms (O’Reilly, LinkedIn Learning)
- Fully paid private healthcare in LuxMed
- Possibility to earn in USD (American dollars)
- Access to the Worksmile platform with a monthly top-up
- Company free breakfasts/lunches in the office once a week
- Group English classes with a native speaker
- New Macbook Pro or Dell XPS, 4K monitors.. whatever tools you need
- Flexible working hours
- New, modern, bright and comfortable office space in the city centre
- A lot of free parking spots around the office
- Access to the company’s library
- Great working atmosphere
- Chill out room with a PlayStation, table tennis, and mini gym
- Free snacks and beverages in a kitchen
- Company parties and social activities
- Employee referral program
- Relocation Package within Poland
- Parking space in the underground garage
SpotOn is an e-verify company.