Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2023
Sales Development Representative
Sales – Inside Sales /
At Starburst, we are working to dismantle the status quo of data silos and vendor lock-in every single day. For decades, database companies have held their customers hostage and we believe that’s just plain wrong. Starburst offers a full-featured data lake analytics platform, built on open source Trino. Our platform includes all the capabilities needed to discover, organize, and consume data without the need for time-consuming and costly migration projects. Today more than 300 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way as we bootstrapped the business with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We are a remote-first company with employees all over the world and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
As the first Sales Development Representative in the region, you will play a crucial role in driving the growth and success of our company. We are looking for top performers who can match Starburst Data’s leading product offering with the right customer. While working with an all-star sales team at our fast paced growth company, you should be curious and have a basic understanding of our offerings. We will provide you with the training and support you need to be the best. You revel in the day to day details while maintaining a clear understanding of the big picture, effortlessly directing your sales efforts to our Account Executives. You will be instrumental in establishing our presence in the region and building a strong sales pipeline. This position is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate eager to kickstart their career in software sales.
As a Sales Development Rep at Starburst you will:
- Reach out to prospective customers with a well-researched hypothesis on how we can solve their pain
- Meticulously track and nurture your outbound activity
- Nimbly interact with potential customers through various points of contact including attending in person meetings, trainings, and trade shows with confidence and ease
- Learn the basics of prospecting and discovery to help jumpstart your career in sales
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual lead generation quotas
- Outbound prospecting through email, phone calls, and social media to schedule meetings for the Sales team
- Qualify leads and assess their needs to determine if they are a good fit for Starburst Data
Some of the things we look for:
- Have an innate curiosity about how data is changing the world
- Enjoy a challenge and getting out of your comfort zone to aid in your personal and professional development/growth
- Adeptly prioritize and reprioritize based on the evolving demands of other departments
- Thrive in the unknown – and have a track record to prove it
Why build your career at Starburst?
We live by our three core company values: Character, Competence, and Ownership and are a team of top performers. We are each in the driver’s seat, shaping our organization and working together towards our common mission. We are solving exceptionally complex and meaningful challenges here and as we innovate, we each have the opportunity to build our careers alongside Starbursts’s growth.
We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, flexible paid time off, and more!
Starburst Data is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work. Everyone is welcome at the Starburst table and we have several employee resource groups such as Womxn At Starburst, Starburst Military, and Starburst Pride. We know that the more diverse perspectives we have at the table will only serve us to make a better team and company.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.