Developer Relations Engineer Intern
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Developer Relations Engineer Intern
Boston, MA / Philadelphia, PA
Product – Product /
At Starburst, we are working to dismantle the status quo of data silos and vendor lock-in every single day. For decades, database companies have held their customers hostage and we believe that’s just plain wrong. Starburst offers a full-featured data lake analytics platform, built on open source Trino. Our platform includes all the capabilities needed to discover, organize, and consume data without the need for time-consuming and costly migration projects. Today more than 300 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way as we bootstrapped the business with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We are a remote-first company with employees all over the world and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the Role
Starburst’s platform is built on Trino, and open source project, and developers are a key part of our success. The Developer Relations team aims to make developers successful in their usage of Trino and Starburst by fostering and enabling a thriving community. As part of Developer Relations, you will be involved in a wide variety of activities that touch on functions like marketing, engineering, product, and more. Make sure to bring your creativity and personality as we work to build an engaged and successful community!
As a Developer Engineer Intern at Starburst you will:
- Monitor and engage with developers in the Trino and Starburst communities and forums.
- Create blog content highlighting events, use cases, and/or anything that developers may find useful or informative in growing their skills and knowledge.
- Be an ambassador for developers to the outside community and within Starburst, advocating for their needs and interests.
- Help to manage the Trino open source project by evaluating issues and PRs, updating and maintaining documentation, and other forms of maintenance.
- Build tutorials and/or create videos that highlight important use cases and features.
Some of the things we look for:
- Must be a rising senior or a recent graduate
- Documentation and writing skills. It’s not required that your writing style is entertaining, but you should be able to explain (often complex) concepts in a way that is easy for developers to understand.
- Interest and passion for tech and developers. This will enable you to engage and strategize in the industry at large.
- General knowledge of data concepts.
- Good communication skills and a welcoming demeanor.
$20 - $20 an hour
Why build your career at Starburst?
We live by our three core company values: Character, Competence, and Ownership and are a team of top performers. We are each in the driver’s seat, shaping our organization and working together towards our common mission. We are solving exceptionally complex and meaningful challenges here and as we innovate, we each have the opportunity to build our careers alongside Starbursts’s growth.
We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, flexible paid time off, and more!
Starburst Data is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work. Everyone is welcome at the Starburst table and we have several employee resource groups such as Womxn At Starburst, Starburst Military, and Starburst Pride. We know that the more diverse perspectives we have at the table will only serve us to make a better team and company.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.