Training and Instructional Design Manager (Customer Operations)
Millions in the U.S. continue to be underserved or ignored by traditional financial institutions. At Stash, an investing app for more than 2 million active subscribers, we are addressing that reality by giving everyday Americans the confidence to take charge of their money and financial future. Our plans—starting at just $3 a month—provide easy and affordable access to a suite of products including investing, banking, education, and advice. Stashers are 18% more financially literate than the average American, and customers rely on Stash’s unique tools, guardrails, and content to learn about money and build wealth for the long-term.
In 2022, we made tremendous steps forward in the Stash customer experience, through the launches of Stash Core, a new banking account experience featuring access to an upgraded Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard®, enhanced customer support, and refreshed benefits, including increased rewards; and expanded access to cryptocurrency through a separate crypto account offering.
Our Talented Team
We are proud to attract phenomenal individuals who share our commitment to unlocking financial opportunity for a new generation of investors. Their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences have helped create a thriving and inclusive culture based on the notion of “Prioritizing People,” a Stash core value.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
What you'll do:
- Develop educational and training materials for customer service agents, such as digital presentations, how-to articles, and instructional videos
- Work directly with BPO partner to schedule training sessions on various topics and prepare to support new agent training
- Create and maintain communications channels with customer service agents and coaches including weekly newsletters
- Be proactive in identifying trends and patterns in customer problems and agent knowledge gaps to identify areas for improvement
- Measure the effectiveness of training sessions and prepare progress reports
- Ensure the appropriate learning content is fully up to date and fit for business purpose
- Ensure that you are able to use a variety of learning methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, technologies and practices to ensure the maximum effectiveness of learning and facilitation objectives
- Ensure that you always act as a role model and create a positive and professional learning and facilitation experience that learners can aspire to
- Have a constant focus on continuous improvement of training by feeding learnings, observations and suggestions back into the learning cycle
- Continue providing feedback and peer support to the Customer Operations team on areas of improvement for process, KBs, Macros, and other tools or systems as needed
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in instructional design or training creation environment
- Effective teaching and communication skills - both verbal and written
- Experience in delivering and facilitating learning & development programs and initiatives
- A sound understanding of best in class customer service practice and standards in a fast paced environment across multiple channels
- Experience in delivering learning activities that focus on developing and growing knowledge, skills and behaviors required to deliver great customer service
- Experience in identifying learning & development needs within an operational environment
- A passion for solving problems and creating a quality customer experience
- A friendly demeanor and a solutions-oriented approach
- The belief that the customer always comes first
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Helping You Invest in Yourself
- Comprehensive total rewards package, comprising compensation (base salary, equity, and depending on level, an annual bonus) and health care benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Stash+ account
- Remote-first work policy – Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office (including our NYC and London offices), or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Annual education reimbursement benefit Learning & Development Fund
- Work from home equipment stipends
- Paid Parental Leave ([offerings for birth giving and non-birth giving parents) Primary & Secondary]
- Enhanced wellness benefits through Gympass, Headspace, Ginger, and Maven Health
- Stash Gives donation and volunteerism program through Millie, with an annual company match
External Recognition for Stash
- Comparably's Best Company Awards: Best Places to Work, Best Company Outlook, and Best Engineering Teamfor Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (20232)
- Fintech Breakthrough Award: Best Personal Finance App (2023)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**