Staff Database Administrator
Millions in the U.S. continue to be underserved or ignored by traditional financial institutions. At Stash, an investing app for more than 2 million active subscribers, we are addressing that reality by giving everyday Americans the confidence to take charge of their money and financial future. Our plans—starting at just $3 a month—provide easy and affordable access to a suite of products including investing, banking, education, and advice. Stashers are 18% more financially literate than the average American, and customers rely on Stash’s unique tools, guardrails, and content to learn about money and build wealth for the long-term.
In 2022, we made tremendous steps forward in the Stash customer experience, through the launches of Stash Core, a new banking account experience featuring access to an upgraded Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard®, enhanced customer support, and refreshed benefits, including increased rewards; and expanded access to cryptocurrency through a separate crypto account offering.
Our Talented Team
We are proud to attract phenomenal individuals who share our commitment to unlocking financial opportunity for a new generation of investors. Their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences have helped create a thriving and inclusive culture based on the notion of “Prioritizing People,” a Stash core value.
Let’s solve complex problems and tackle wealth inequality.
- Own the storage and database systems at Stash
- Contribute to the improved reliability of Stash applications by designing and implementing HA and replication strategies for DR
- Continuously analyze and evaluate our tools and systems for improvements and enhancements via query optimization
- Plan end to end migrations of Cockroach DB to Amazon Aurora/RDS
- Support the development, deployment, and evolution of platforms, business critical services on AWS
- Collaborate with Product Engineering, Security and Data engineers to spec out requirements, implementation, documentation, maintenance, and improvement of our tooling
- Work on ways to automate and improve development
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Write documentation for the operation of infrastructure and applications owned by the DevOps team, including runbooks, checklists and incident reporting
- Deep knowledge of distributed systems
- A real team player, good communicator and ‘Can do’ attitude
- Experience implementing and maintaining application performance monitoring tools
- Familiar with RDS Postgres as well as other Relational Databases, CockroachDB
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Experience working with AWS and understanding of its services
- Use of infrastructure as code e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, scripting and automation
- Working knowledge of containerized infrastructure, ideally experience with Kubernetes
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Kafka, Redis, NoSQL, CockroachDB
- Experience building an application at scale
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Helping You Invest in Yourself
- Comprehensive total rewards package, comprising compensation (base salary, equity, and depending on level, an annual bonus) and health care benefits
- Complimentary subscription to Stash+ account
- Remote-first work policy – Live and work where you feel the most productive, whether that is in your home, in an office (including our NYC and London offices), or a combination of both. Anywhere in the US or UK.
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Annual education reimbursement benefit Learning & Development Fund
- Work from home equipment stipends
- Paid Parental Leave ([offerings for birth giving and non-birth giving parents) Primary & Secondary]
- Enhanced wellness benefits through Gympass, Headspace, Ginger, and Maven Health
- Stash Gives donation and volunteerism program through Millie, with an annual company match
External Recognition for Stash
- Comparably's Best Company Awards: Best Places to Work, Best Company Outlook, and Best Engineering Teamfor Diversity, Women, Culture, and more! (20232)
- Fintech Breakthrough Award: Best Personal Finance App (2023)
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**