Software Engineer, Mobile
Gen Z is the generation of the side hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation by empowering teens to start their financial journey today. Step is a well-funded Series C company that has raised more than $175M, focused on disrupting the banking industry through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience.
Teens and families love our product. We eclipsed 1 million customers in just four months after launch and have now crossed 4 million customers. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you!
As part of the team you’ll be at the forefront of developing new user-facing features and helping us deliver our first product to the public. We are building a cross platform app using React Native + Mobx.
What you’ll do
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to production
- Prioritize maintainable code and test all the things
- Work in a small, tight knit cross-functional team
- Be part of a high energy, fun, world class engineering team
- See your contributions make a weekly impact to an evolving product
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Experience with or interest in learning React Native
- Passion for software quality
- Proven track record of delivering mobile apps
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Paid parental Leave 🐣
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Professional development reimbursement 📚
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻