Cloud Platform / Site Reliability Engineer
Supabase is an Open Source and fully remote company building developer tools for databases.
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Platform /Site Reliability Engineer to manage our hosted cloud offering, which currently serves over 100k Postgres instances and is growing at a rate of 10% each month.
- Help build the Supabase Cloud offering.
- Improve our system architecture to reduce costs while balancing security and performance.
- Work on designing and tracking metrics for platform uptime.
- Increase observability into our system by capturing relevant metrics and logs.
- Implement and maintain intrusion detection, automated remediation and patch management systems.
- Design CI/CD systems to speed up deployments with proper change and release management processes.
- Work on our SOC2 and GDPR compliance initiatives.
- Experience in designing multi-tenant database solutions, designing for failover, fault-tolerance, and disaster recovery;
- 5+ years experience in SRE/DevOps/Cloud Infrastructure;
- 3+ years of experience in building with Golang;
- Experience in managing large deployments on AWS;
- Knowledge of networking;
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools;
- 100% remote work from anywhere in the world. No location-based adjustment to your salary.
- ESOP (equity ownership in the company)
- Autonomous work. We work collaboratively on projects, but you set your own pace.
- Health, Vision and Dental benefits. Supabase covers 100% of the cost for employees and 80% for dependents
- Generous Tech Allowance for any office setup you need
- Annual Education Allowance
- Annually run off-sites.
BUILD IN A WEEKEND. SCALE TO BILLIONS
Supabase adds auth, realtime, and restful APIs to Postgres without a single line of code.
Each project within Supabase is an isolated Postgres cluster, allowing customers to scale independently, while still providing the features that you need to build: instant database setup, auth, row level security, realtime data streams, auto-generating APIs, and a simple to use web interface.
We are a fully remote company.
- We're a startup. It's unstructured.
- Collectively founded more than a dozen venture-backed companies.
- More than 10 different nationalities.
- We deeply believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source. We support existing communities and tools, rather than building "yet another xx".
- We "dogfood" everything. If you use it in your project, we use it in Supabase.
- The entire process is fully remote and all communication will happen over email or via video chat.
- Once you've submitted your application, the team will review your submission, and may reach out for a short screening interview over video call.
- If you pass the screen you will be invited to up to four follow up interviews. The calls:
- usually take between 20-45 minutes each depending on the interviewer.
- are all 1:1.
- will be with both founders, a member of either the growth or engineering team (depending on the role), and usually one other person from your immediate team or function.
- Once the interviews are over, the team will meet to discuss several roles and candidates and may:
- ask one or two follow-up questions over email or a quick call.
- go directly to making an offer.