Engineering Team Lead
Sweep is hiring an Engineering Team Lead, to work on our enterprise climate programme software.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
We’re looking for an Engineering Team Lead that is highly technical and hands-on mindset to help lead our engineering teams. Our engineering Team Lead will be responsible for collaborating with Product, Design, and Carbon Experts to help build our SaaS tool that allows companies to measure and track their Carbon and ESG data, set reduction goals and report on progress towards a cleaner future.
To be more specific, this includes:
1. Leading and owning the development of new features of the core product 🌱
- Spearhead the development of new features for our core product.
- Lead the continuous enhancement of Sweep and its infrastructure with a focus on security, reliability, and performance.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and architect new systems, products, and features.
- Advocate for modern agile software development practices, contributing to the evolution of excellent engineering and organizational practices.
2. Managing and mentoring a group of engineers 👫
- Manage and mentor a dedicated group of engineers through effective hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development.
- Cultivate a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in alignment with our company values.
2. Maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders ⚙️
- Collaborate with key cross-functional teams, departments, and leadership to build a state-of-the-art carbon management platform.
- Set and manage expectations effectively with other engineering teams, senior management, and stakeholders.
2. Having a hands-on mindset 💻
- Despite managerial responsibilities, actively participate in coding activities, dedicating approximately 50% of your time to hands-on development.
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- You have 2+ years of experience in management of software engineers
- You have 5+ years of technical industry experience
- You can demonstrate that your work had significant impact on product and business
- You are capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities
- You have experience leading a distributed team to deliver features and manage production Saas products
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record of leading, mentoring, and coaching software engineers
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development, ideally with experience in developing and scaling SaaS products.
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
- You have a passion for solving problems, developing the solutions and building products
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are enthusiastic, self motivated and autonomous
- You bring all-round communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- You are a team player and have ability to motivate others
- You care about our mission of creating a better future for all of us
Copy that. And what’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that has the humble ambition to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re planning to hit the ground running and have an impact fast. Joining this journey right at the beginning allows you to really help shape our path.
Our hybrid work model, with hiring focussed around our head offices in Paris, London and Montpellier, allows us to balance our personal and professional lives while staying connected and engaged with colleagues and clients.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we have a B Corporation status.
We think this will be the ride of our lives. And maybe yours, too.