Sr. Software Engineer-Growth
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
Tackle is the leading solution built to help software companies generate revenue through a data-driven Cloud go-to-market (Cloud GTM). Our Platform and our team come together to help our customers identify the right buyers, grow cloud co-sell relationships, and transact efficiently at scale through AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, and Red Hat.
Tackle works with more than 500 software companies including Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from companies scaling their go-to-market to the largest software companies in the world. We are venture backed by three of the world's top SaaS investors—a16z, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Coatue—to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
You’d be a good fit if you value:
Progress over process
Treating one another fairly
Flexible, remote first culture
Light-weight process and high autonomy
We are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Sr. Software Engineer to join our team as a Growth Engineer to be a part of a well-funded, fully remote, growth-stage company helping transform how software is bought and sold. Our Cloud Go-to-Market Platform has enabled some of the software industry’s most successful names to generate revenue efficiently through the Cloud.
This critical role will be a part of a small and tightly-knit cross-functional group of software engineers, an Engineering lead, a Product lead, and a UX lead. The ideal candidate should possess a comprehensive full-stack software engineer skill set, coupled with a pragmatic, agile, and entrepreneurial mindset. The Growth Engineer should thrive in an environment that fosters experimentation, data-driven decision-making, and rapid iterative development. Fearless in the face of challenges, the Growth team continually refines our understanding of what makes users successful with Tackle. We use quantitative and qualitative research to deeply understand a user’s journey and work to make the entire product team more data-driven. That work balances rapid iteration experiments, long-term strategic bets, and continuously improving our experimentation infrastructure. The Growth Engineer will also collaborate extensively across domain boundaries and functions, ensuring cross-functional alignment and unlocking scalable product growth.
We are built on the foundation that a 100% remote team can be the healthiest, happiest, and most productive; from the beginning, we have been intentionally building a phenomenal culture that ensures everyone feels connected no matter where they are working. You will work in an exciting, positive environment surrounded by kind, talented, creative people. Tacklers have a bias to action, and we act without ego; in all interactions, we know it is critical to respect, value, and support each other. We succeed and fail as a team, with a mindset of pursuing success instead of avoiding failure. Wellness is a critical pillar of the company and we live this value in a variety of ways, with empathetic servant leadership at every level and flexible working hours to ensure a healthy work-life harmony.
What You'll Do:
- Take pragmatic shared ownership of the product process within a highly autonomous team – every member of our team is involved from ideation to implementation.
- Iterative and quantitative product development – using data to drive outcomes.
- Build foundational Growth infrastructure for running experiments, tracking user behavior, and engaging users.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team.
- Help interview and recruit more amazing Growth Engineers to Tackle.
- Own your code from start to finish, and take pride in what you build.
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in thorough code reviews and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Be curious - strive to understand how your contributions tie into the larger picture of your team, your product, and Tackle as a whole.
- Welcome different perspectives - be open and inclusive in every interaction.
- Hold yourself accountable for your actions, maintaining the balance between accomplishing goals with research & development
You Should Have:
- Experience with data-driven product development, such as AB testing and tools like Amplitude, Pendo, etc is a big plus
- Focus on quantitative outcomes and delivering measurable product improvement
- Desire to hold yourself and the team to high standards while evaluating technical trade-offs and delivering balanced solutions.
- Interest in tackling a wide range of problems and working at all levels of the Tackle stack
- Self-motivation with strong organizational skills – always looking to learn and grow
- A positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Will thrive in a fully remote organization where flexible schedules require asynchronous communication.
- Clear and effective communication in both verbal and written form.
- Compassion and open-mindedness – because we brainstorm often and constructive feedback is encouraged, it’s important that members of the team can participate in a productive way
You Will Stand Out:
- Professional working experience on a Growth team
- Have a strong understanding of Product-led Growth foundations (acquisition, activation, conversion, retention)
- Have experience working in a rapidly scaling organization.
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing perks and benefits:
· Work remotely from anywhere within the US & Canada
· Competitive salary
· Equity package
· Health, dental and vision coverage
· Company off-site summits
· Monthly wellness reimbursement
· Internet and phone reimbursement
· $1000 home ergo/office set up
· Generous vacation plan & flexible work hours
· 401k + matching
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company surprises and swag
· Awesome co-workers
Start with the customer - We succeed when our customers succeed. That's why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment - We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what's possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team - We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness - We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together - We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
The Hiring Process:
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
• Phone screen
• 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
• Some positions may require a take home test or additional steps throughout the process (this will be communicated to the candidate)
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
Tackle.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.