Sr. Director, Engineering
Software Engineering, IT, Other Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Tackle is the leading solution built to help software companies generate revenue through a data-driven Cloud go-to-market (Cloud GTM). Our Platform and our team come together to help our customers identify the right buyers, grow cloud co-sell relationships, and transact efficiently at scale through AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, and Red Hat.
Tackle works with more than 500 software companies including Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from companies scaling their go-to-market to the largest software companies in the world. We are venture backed by three of the world's top SaaS investors—a16z, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Coatue—to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
You’d be a good fit if you value:
Progress over process
Treating one another fairly
Flexible, remote first culture
Light-weight process and high autonomy
This Tackler will be a part of a well-funded, fully remote, growth-stage company helping shape the way that software is bought and sold in the Cloud Marketplaces (AWS, GCP, and Azure). We are built on the foundation that a 100% remote team can be the healthiest, happiest and most productive; from the beginning we have been intentionally building a culture that ensures everyone feels connected no matter where they are. Our platform has enabled some of the software industry’s most successful names to get listed, start selling, and scale their Cloud Marketplace operations.
Tackle’s Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for talented engineers to craft solid and reliable software at a sustainable pace. We balance consistent innovation and improvement of existing products with new and exciting greenfield projects. You will work in an exciting, positive environment surrounded by kind, talented, creative people. Tacklers have a bias to action, and we act without ego; in all interactions we know it is critical to respect, value and support each other. We succeed and fail as a team, with a mindset of pursuing success instead of avoiding failure. Wellness is a pillar of the company and we live this value with empathetic servant leadership at every level and flexible working hours.
What You'll Do:
- Directing the engineering and cloud operations management team (6) who lead the day to day responsibilities of an autonomous team of 5-12 engineers, a Product Management and UX support to build, enhance and maintain existing areas of the Tackle platform.
- Bring exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Conduct 1:1s with engineering managers, as well as perform skip level meetings with individual contributors focused on coaching and building career development plans and continuous performance feedback.
- Interview, recruit and onboard new managers and engineers to Tackle, welcoming them and setting them up for success.
- Support the planning of cross-team initiatives, feedback cycles, Demo Days and Hackathons.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features and enhance existing ones.
- Welcome different perspectives - be open and inclusive in every interaction.
- Advise on technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Enable your team to deliver code that is focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Own your team’s work start to finish, celebrate their wins and help them learn from their mistakes contributing to a blameless culture.
- Promote thorough code reviews and best practices.
- Be curious - strive to understand how your team and domain impacts Tackle as a whole.
- Mentor engineers and set the standards for the next generation of Tacklers.
- Empower and unblock your team to deliver impactful features.
- Establish lightweight workflows and processes to help the team succeed.
- Foster a healthy team environment with a culture of accountability.
You Should Have:
- 10+ years experience leading, directing and inspiring engineering teams.
- Have a track record of building and coaching high performing teams who love what they do.
- Proven track record at building resilient, scalable, secure, global SaaS platforms
- Proven track of growing revenue from 8 digits to 9 digits (100Ms) in revenue.
- Proven experience in implementing OKRs across teams
- Stay calm under pressure.
- You have exceptional communication skills, ask good questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need.
- Are self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Will thrive in a fully remote organization where flexible schedules require asynchronous communication.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Prioritize people and their development.
- Give high quality, detailed feedback that encourages growth.
- Create an environment that is inclusive with a high degree of psychological safety for your entire team.
You'll Stand Out:
- Have led a remote-first Agile team before.
- Track record fostering collaboration among team members through effective communication and process.
- Worked with applications deployed to AWS.
- Have experience working in a rapidly scaling organization.
- Experience in building integrations or applications with Cloud Marketplaces
- Are passionate about growth and are always looking for opportunities to level up your leadership capabilities.
Great leaders can help their teams accomplish great things, and that is far more important to us than technical specialties or degrees. Do you bring something special to the table that others don’t? Even if you aren’t a perfect match to our job description: apply anyway, we’d love to hear from you! We are always looking for people with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives because they make us better, stronger and healthier as a company and a community.
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing perks and benefits:
· Work remotely from anywhere within the US & Canada
· Competitive salary
· Equity package
· Health, dental and vision coverage
· Company off-site summits
· Monthly wellness reimbursement
· Internet and phone reimbursement
· $1000 home ergo/office set up
· Generous vacation plan & flexible work hours
· 401k + matching
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company surprises and swag
· Awesome co-workers
Start with the customer - We succeed when our customers succeed. That's why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment - We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what's possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team - We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness - We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together - We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
The Hiring Process:
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
• Phone screen
• 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
• Some positions may require a take home test or additional steps throughout the process (this will be communicated to the candidate)
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
Tackle.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.