Sr. Sales Engineer
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Tackle is the leading solution built to help software companies generate revenue through a data-driven Cloud go-to-market (Cloud GTM). Our Platform and our team come together to help our customers identify the right buyers, grow cloud co-sell relationships, and transact efficiently at scale through AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, and Red Hat.
Tackle works with more than 500 software companies including Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from companies scaling their go-to-market to the largest software companies in the world. We are venture backed by three of the world's top SaaS investors—a16z, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Coatue—to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
In This Role You Will:
- Provide pre-sales functional and technical expertise through the sales process as a Tackle product expert to position Tackle’s solution with Technical and Business audiences
- Develop a deep understanding of Tackle’s product and service features, benefits, and potential applications
- Be an expert in Co-Selling with the Clouds and Cloud Marketplace Offerings - and help guide prospective customers to best practices for partnering with and selling transactable listings in the Cloud Marketplace
- Conduct assessments with prospective and current customers to evaluate customers’ existing practices, infrastructure, and challenges to understand their Cloud GTM maturity
- Craft compelling value-based messages based on the assessment findings, ensuring alignment with the customer’s progression on the maturity model
- Have a knack for translating complex technical concepts into easy to understand customer-centric business solutions
- Know your audience and tailor communication to meet various customer personas (technical, business, industry-specific)
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Tackle sales team to run a value-based sales cycle understanding the prospect’s pain points and how the Tackle platform’s product and services help
- Assist the sales team in qualifying leads by leveraging a thorough understanding of product capabilities and the customer needs
- Strategize and plan prospect presentations and demos with sales team and other technical experts tailored to the customer’s pain points and requirements
- Work closely with internal teams to stay updated with product development and updates along with Cloud Co-Sell and Marketplace updates
- Collect feedback from customers and prospects, and share insights with product development teams to enhance product offerings
- Stay abreast of industry trends and competitive products to refine sales strategies and product development
- Maintain strong customer relationships through ongoing communication and periodic meetings
You Should Have:
- 5+ years experience in pre-sales and/or knowledge of co-selling with Clouds and understanding how the Cloud Marketplaces work along with the understanding of how software is sold is preferred
- Empathy for days while understanding our customer’s pain points
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate the ability to describe hard technical problems succinctly and plainly along with thinking around corners for creative solutions
- Knowledge of major public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure or GCP along with architect level certification in at least one public cloud
- Hands on experience working with one or more of the major cloud marketplace providers
- Proficiency at offering solutions and integrations in response to prospect/existing customer requirements
- Skill at quickly comprehend and explain complex engineering concepts in simple, effective terms
- Capability of work individually, remotely and to collaborate within a team environment to achieve your goals
- Experience with teamwork and have the ability to work cohesively with sales, product development and customer support teams
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to support sales teams in achieving and exceeding targets
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing perks and benefits:
· Work remotely from anywhere within the US & Canada
· Competitive salary
· Equity package
· Health, dental and vision coverage
· Company off-site summits
· Monthly wellness reimbursement
· Internet and phone reimbursement
· $1000 home ergo/office set up
· Generous vacation plan & flexible work hours
· 401k + matching
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company surprises and swag
· Awesome co-workers
Start with the customer - We succeed when our customers succeed. That's why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment - We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what's possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team - We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness - We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together - We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
The Hiring Process:
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
• Phone screen
• 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
• Some positions may require a take home test or additional steps throughout the process (this will be communicated to the candidate)
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
Tackle.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.