Marketplace Support Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Tackle is the leading solution built to help software companies generate revenue through a data-driven Cloud go-to-market (Cloud GTM). Our Platform and our team come together to help our customers identify the right buyers, grow cloud co-sell relationships, and transact efficiently at scale through AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, and Red Hat.
Tackle works with more than 500 software companies including Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from companies scaling their go-to-market to the largest software companies in the world. We are venture backed by three of the world's top SaaS investors—a16z, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Coatue—to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
We are looking for energetic, responsive, passionate Marketplace Support Engineers on the Customer Experience team who can put their skills into action by closely working with all of Tackle’s ISVs to Triage and identify the best Tackle resources to help ISVs achieve their Cloud Marketplace goals.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with our Customer Success Managers/Coaches, Sales, and Onboarding to provide technical support to customers across a variety of channels (email/tickets, live support, etc) and manage assigned cases with a high degree of professionalism and attention to detail within established SLOs
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of customer interactions, including issue descriptions, troubleshooting steps, and resolutions
- Develop a deep understanding of Tackle’s product and it's functionality, allowing you to provide accurate and relevant support to our customers and internal teams
- Explain technical concepts about our services, troubleshoot and investigate reported customer issues
- Liaise with Cloud Marketplace partners to manage related or dependent support tickets on behalf of the ISV
- Seek to understand and organize customer feedback and act as the voice of our ISV customers to Product Management, Engineering and Customer Experience leadership; representing their goals and needs to attain them
- Document and share standard operating procedures, product tips and other information critical to enabling internal and external Tackle stakeholders through internal and external facing tools
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships with Alliance, Sales and Operations leaders at all levels
- Enable ISVs to take required actions, answer key questions and self-serve information or actions in the Tackle or Cloud Marketplace platform
- As subject matter experts, provide demos, feature updates, enablement sessions and educational resources to help ISV’s confidently adopt Tackle’s products.
- Evangelize the Tackle Vision and help transform the way software Sellers sell and the way that Buyers buy
- Be an expert in how transactions are offered, booked and fulfilled on Cloud Marketplaces and keep up to date with their interactions and changes
- Ensure a high-quality customer experience by serving as the point of contact, triaging customer issues, and leading our issue response.
- Document and expand our internal and external knowledge repositories
- Collaborate with and assist other client-facing teams to provide an amazing customer experience
- Participate in regular rotation for weeknight, weekend and holiday on-call coverage for our Premium Support customer base and provide month/quarter end deal assistance during on-call shifts.
You Should Have:
- Business Intelligence-related experience; sourcing data, interpreting and presenting data-driven reports and dashboards, and driving consensus decisions
- Experience in Customer Success, Sales or Revenue Operations, Account Management or equivalent history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention of a technology or facilitating and supporting the sales process
- History of overachievement and references from people telling us we’d be silly not to hire you
- Technologically adept and business intelligence acumen-focused, with outstanding communication (written and oral), negotiation, and presentation skills to internal and external stakeholders ranging from team members to executive management
- Ability to learn and adapt to low-level technical requirements such as running Python scripts in a local environment or interpreting AWS Cloudwatch logs.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure, or GCP and a basic understanding of key services and value propositions.
- Preferred: Experience working with one or more of the major Cloud Marketplaces
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work, changing priorities rapidly as needed
- Ability to work individually and remotely and to collaborate within a team environment synchronously and asynchronously to achieve your goals.
- Bring YOU to the role - we want creative, positive, and excited team members who can think around corners and push us all to get better every day.
- Enjoy the demanding pace of a hyper-growth SaaS company
Hiring for shifts:
10am-7pm EST/7am-4pm PST
11:30am-8:30pm EST/8:30am-5:30pm PST
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing perks and benefits:
· Work remotely from anywhere within the US & Canada
· Competitive salary
· Equity package
· Health, dental and vision coverage
· Company off-site summits
· Monthly wellness reimbursement
· Internet and phone reimbursement
· $1000 home ergo/office set up
· Generous vacation plan & flexible work hours
· 401k + matching
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company surprises and swag
· Awesome co-workers
Start with the customer - We succeed when our customers succeed. That's why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment - We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what's possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team - We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness - We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together - We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
The Hiring Process:
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
• Phone screen
• 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
• Some positions may require a take home test or additional steps throughout the process (this will be communicated to the candidate)
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
Tackle.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.