Benefits & People Operations Specialist
Accounting & Finance, People & HR, Operations
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Tackle is the leading solution built to help software companies generate revenue through a data-driven Cloud go-to-market (Cloud GTM). Our Platform and our team come together to help our customers identify the right buyers, grow cloud co-sell relationships, and transact efficiently at scale through AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft, and Red Hat.
Tackle works with more than 500 software companies including Auth0, CrowdStrike, HashiCorp, Lacework, New Relic, Snyk, VMware, and many more at every stage—from companies scaling their go-to-market to the largest software companies in the world. We are venture backed by three of the world's top SaaS investors—a16z, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Coatue—to execute on our mission to positively transform the way that software is sold.
As Tackle’s Benefits & People Operations Specialist, you will develop, optimize, and implement people processes and programs while overseeing the day-to-day administration of benefits, employee rewards, leave and retirement programs. As part of the Total Rewards team, and reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards & People Operations, this position is a key player in supporting our people-first culture. This role will empower employees by creating a positive employee experience while ensuring the successful delivery of critical people operations processes and benefit programs.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced technology start-up. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company.
What You'll Do-Benefits:
- Oversee employee healthcare benefits, including day to day administration, annual negotiation of renewal, open enrollment process, and keeping abreast of best practices and benefit plan designs.
- Assist with our 401(k) plan including communication to participants and annual nondiscrimination testing and audit.
- Point of contact for all benefit updates, open enrollment, and LOA (including coordination with the 3rd party administrator).
- Schedules quarterly reviews on benefits w/ brokers and internal team members.
- Support employees on a day-to-day basis and answer questions about benefits and company policies.
- Maintain the benefits Confluence site.
- Manage our employee recognition and wellness software programs and work alongside Internal Comms to develop and improve culture and enhance the employee relationship.
- Conduct regular reconciliations of invoices, enrollments and terminations to correct and prevent discrepancies.
What You'll Do-People Operations:
- Manage the employee lifecycle, including onboarding, offboarding, and employee status changes.
- Ensure compliance with HR laws and regulations by maintaining accurate HR records and documentation.
- Ensure data integrity in the HRIS and other HR-related systems by conducting regular audits to identify discrepancies.
- Provide support to all modules within the HRIS system, including Time & Labor, Onboarding, Benefits, employee data processing, system workflows, Performance Management, Security Groups and Reporting
- Assist with the efficient operation of HR policy updates and communication to ensure compliance in various state locations.
- Manage vendor relationship with Canada PEO, TriNet.
- Oversee and manage Jira ticketing for the People function and delegate as needed.
- Partner with Compensation to implement changes as an outcome of merit/review cycles.
- Generate reports, leverage HRIS data for compliance, and identity opportunities to optimize our HRIS system.
- Work closely with payroll on employee status changes, reporting and other cross-functional projects.
You Should Have:
- 2+ years experience in benefits administration, leaves, 401(k) and HRIS management.
- Hands-on knowledge of benefits cost models and corresponding budgeting.
- Understanding of 401(k) plans and processes including annual audits, non-discrimination testing, and ongoing plan management.
- Prior HRIS experience including, implementation, system configuration and reporting (Paylocity experience a plus).
- A strong understanding of multi-state and federal rules, regulations and best practices related to HR administration
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Desire and willingness to work 100 percent remote.
- Proficient in Gsuite and Excel.
Start with the customer - We succeed when our customers succeed. That's why every role at Tackle leads to the customer. We exist to support, guide, and empower our customers.
Explore and experiment - We are curious and creative at work, always looking for innovative ways to improve. We continuously iterate and push the boundaries of what's possible. Tackle is a safe place to try new things.
Learn and grow as a team - We seek and share knowledge across Tackle. We actively connect and collaborate with others. We welcome different perspectives and invite healthy debate.
Celebrate wellness - We value work-life harmony and personal well being. We share and appreciate stories of wellness every day. We are remote by design, so all Tacklers have the freedom to be their best selves.
Tackle together - We work openly and transparently at Tackle. We are caring, empathetic, and kind. Every Tackler plays a part in our welcoming, inclusive culture.
Benefits of joining the Tackle Team:
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing benefits:
· Work remotely
· Competitive Salary
· Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
· Company off-site Summits
· Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
· Internet and Phone Reimbursement
· $1000 Home ergo/office set up
· Generous Vacation Plan
· 401k with match
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company Surprises and Swag
· Awesome Co-workers
We are a welcoming, diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States and Canada.
Tackle.io is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Tackle makes hiring decisions solely based on qualifications, merit and business needs at the time. We hope to empower and support every individual and celebrate the diverse cultures, perspectives and experiences in our teams. Our Equal Opportunity policy applies to all employment practices within Tackle.