Technical Operations Specialist - Brokerage and Trading
Titan is the rebel challenger in a very old industry: wealth management. The present era is dominated by ancient players like Fidelity, Schwab, and Goldman Sachs. The problem is that none of them were built on modern rails, and their antiquated user experiences reflect that reality. There have been new things built in the modern age (think: “investing apps”), but they are either 1) gimmicky casinos (DIY trading apps) or 2) sleepy commodities (vanilla robo advisors). We won’t say names. But why hasn’t anyone built a modern Goldman Sachs for everyone? That’s our mission.
We are fighters at heart. We fight to build products that are truly democratized. For example, we launched the first institutional-grade cash management product for everyday investors with Titan Smart Cash. We launched the first ever venture fund for everyday investors in partnership with Cathie Wood’s ARK. We’ve been able to raise significant capital from some of Silicon Valley’s best, like a16z and General Catalyst, which we’re now using to disrupt the status quo and build the best wealth management firm in history.
Now let’s talk about you. We’re highly selective with who we choose to bring onto the team, but if you resonate with the above, we’d love to meet you.
As Technical Operations Specialist, you’ll join our BD Operations team to help build and scale our next generation Broker Dealer from the ground up. This unique position sits at the intersection of engineering and brokerage operations, requiring a blend of technical expertise and operational knowledge. The ideal candidate will be instrumental in streamlining our brokerage and trading operations and enhancing our data management practices.
- Turn prospects into clients and clients into raving Titan fans
- Source and manage prospects, utilize Titan’s client prospecting tools, hone multiple outreach efforts, and build deep relationships with clients
- Consult with clients on wealth management strategies and guide them to achieve their personal and financial goals
- Build and implement custom investment portfolios and financial plans and assist with tax and estate planning (in partnership with third-party experts)
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to flag client pain points, create product roadmaps, and build out the Titan technology platform
- Possibly appear on camera in Titan video content, boosting your personal brand and client engagement
- Research and present new investment strategies aligned with clients’ goals and interests
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with an in-depth understanding of trading brokerage operations and financial markets.
- Proficient in managing and querying MongoDB and other NoSQL databases.
- Strong skills in data analysis and proficiency in generating spreadsheets and reports.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally with the ability to create solutions with Engineering, Customer Support, and Product partners
- Analytical, metrics and data-driven mindset
- FINRA SIE and Series 7 licenses (preferred)
- Work with a passionate, diverse, smart team on a product that helps tens of thousands of people
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Sound Ventures, Scribble VC, Y Combinator, BoxGroup, and others)
- Competitive compensation package (including equity component)
- Medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO and Sick Days
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- MacBook / PC laptop provided
- Internet stipend
- Health & Wellness stipend
- Free lunch three days a week @ our headquarters
- Hybrid work set up. Three days in office per week
- Work-from-home stipend to optimize your set-up
Anticipated annual salary range: $110,000-$155,000 + company stock options + benefits (see above).
At Titan, we are committed to offering competitive compensation package for our valued team members, as well as attract and retain a top talent pool that is aligned with our culture, mission, and values. This salary range represents Titan’s reasonable estimated possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting.
The final salary for this position will be determined in sole discretion of Titan, depending on applicable laws, and based on a variety of factors, such as employee’s work experience, skills, qualifications for the role, and location, and may differ from the amounts listed above.