Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $21 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1500 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking Collections Specialists for our Collections team. In this role you'll be interacting with our customers daily by phone and email providing super service related to current status of accounts, payments and other concerns.
Pay: $22.00/ hour
What You’ll Do:
- Interact with customers who are greater than 30 days past due, providing assistance by answering questions and process requests by phone
- Answer incoming customer calls regarding billing issues, service questions and general concerns
- Assist customers with disputes and inquires and reconciling payment history
- Perform creative skip tracing techniques to locate customers
- Provide thorough and accurate documentation to customer accounts through our communication channels
- Utilize judgment to analyze the customers ability to pay and establish a repayment plan
- Identify areas of opportunity for optimizing results and improving customer satisfaction
- Contribute daily to the improvement of training and development
- Service accounts by investigating problems and finding resolutions to help overcome objections that customers may have about making payments and working towards solutions that best fit the customer needs, creating a positive customer experience
- Maintain superior quality assurance results
- Come to work with a positive outlook contributing to Upgrade’s already enjoyable environment
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to business needs
- Capability of gaining customer loyalty through listening, relationship building and professional and persuasive communication skills
- Previous experience in a customer service, sales, or finance industry
- Working knowledge of FDCPA and FCRA experience
- Team player seeking a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Proficient in Microsoft, Cloud based products and Google apps
What We Offer You:
- Great open office space
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K matching
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix close to light rail and public transportation
- Paid parking or platinum pass
- New Hire Training Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?